GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I didn't even know R wagon existed. That is awesome.

Been around over here since 2015...I almost bought one, but they are only made in DSG & I wanted a manual..

One of my mates owned one in red...
Both-MK7-estates.jpg

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Some DIY bumper repair, trying to fix the end of the bumper sticking out. Mostly worked. Both of the last holes on the bumper clip had completely blown out so picked up some epoxy and different sized washers from Ace and tried this out.

IMG_5497.jpg

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Had my front VW emblem stolen.

Ended up buying another OEM one but a day later saw this for $22 on EBay for the front and rear.

Still trying to decide if I like it. ?

I think I’m digging it... kind matches my badgeskins side appliqués.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Ended up buying another OEM one but a day later saw this for $22 on EBay for the front and rear.

yeah, I typically don’t like the look of that one, but it actually fits in amd flows great with your car, looks really good.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Same as mine, except i run a white underlay from Klii. Keep it, looks good on your car.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
did some more findings in the ambience coloring field...

I found where the default ambient profiles are stored:

and i turned my color accents off, by accident...

if anyone can send me some pictures of their (untouched) ambient color selection, I can compare it with the VW maps I have here to be more certain about the configuration.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Had an alignment done at the dealer. I don't know what they did, but the steering wheel is now straight. The alignment was off, but not a lot. From the factory the steering wheel was turned one spline tooth to the left, and when pointed straight, the steering angle sensor was not zeroed out (was off by about 3 degrees). When driving, I had to hold the wheel to the left. While installing the aftermarket wheel, I made sure to line it up with the notch mark on the column. When the wheel was pointed straight, the angle sensor was at zero. But while driving, I had to hold the wheel to the right by about 4 degrees. Strange shit, unless I don't know something about the steering angle sensor setting after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery.

Also had the gear shift switch installed under the infamous recall. Hopefully the warning will stop popping up.