GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

being curious : Hood Spacers / Rear Wiper Delete Kit

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm being curious about the effects of hood spacers would be on MK7.

from an aesthetic point of view, not everyone likes that; I used to not like that...as well as rear wiper delete kits... (I come from toyota world, where no rear wiper means poor man's base model sooo be gentle with that) BUT the more I see them, the more I want these mods on my car.

for PRACTICALITY, it could save some hassle with the wipers.

there's not a lot of space missing for wipers to go up on their original down position, I'm thinking hodd spacers would help that... instead of... turning car off, hitting wiper switch once then go back out the car to put wipers up...

and if you have a big arse crew sticker in your back glass like me, rear wiper delete kits are a must or you'll end up tearing appart your sticker depending on its quality... PLUS it looks sleker

I want : opinions and tips
I don't want : DON'T DO THAT, it'll look stupid... Ricer etc... I build my rig for me; not for you all... I just need opinions

Last edited:

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
I just wanna know if people done the hood spacers mod and/or wiper delete kits

I'd like pics of hood spacers mod if someone did it

and tips on DEACTIVATING the rear wiper spray nozzle on the car; is there a coding via obdeleven to do ?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
A ton have did the rear wiper delete. I can't think of anyone that did a hood spacer, most just remove the rubber grommet that goes along the edge

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
These aren't 20yr old Hondas. The hood thing is dumb as fuck. Wiper delete, well, do it if you don't use the rear wiper.

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
These aren't 20yr old Hondas. The hood thing is dumb as fuck. Wiper delete, well, do it if you don't use the rear wiper.

no it aint, BUT I think that it could save some hassle with wipers... and even look good if they're sublte...get me tho, I dont want a 10cm spacer LOL only a 3 to 5 so wipers can go up ... don't you think that, theorically this would work ?

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed

also for your honda argument, a LOT of honda guys ditched their projects to buy MK6-7-7.5 Golfs soooo you MUST admit there are some JDM influence to the new generation of EURO car people

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
If you're worried about under hood temps (the leading theory behind the hood spacer shit), get a turbo blanket and wrap the downpipe.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The hood spacer is a JDM thing. I never really understood why people like the gap between the hood and fender. It just looks like the hood was installed wrong. I remember seeing it for the first time in the late 90's on Silvias and 180SXs.

With that said...I do have the wiper delete. Don't miss the rear wiper.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I had to Google hood spacers.

That's a great way to make your car look like it was repaired poorly after a wreck.