GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 multiple misfires.

Djduge

Hey guys I'm new to the GTI scene.
I currently own a 2010 MK6 gti, all I have done to it is bought a COBB tune and COBB intake. I'm currently running the Stage 1+ 93 oct. tune on it.

This started about 2 days ago when I got a misfire and my car started to shake. The EPC light came on. I replaced all 4 ignition coils and spark plug with got rid of the light and codes. My car ran fine untill I randomly got multiple Misfires the very next day. I have 5 codes, one including Air performance, misfire in cylinder 1,2 and 4.

I tried tightening any clamps on my intake incase there's a leak and I flipped my coils around but I still have the same problem.

Thoughts on what I can do next?

m0j0jojo

Passed Driver's Ed
Duralast Coil pack C1627-4
and Auto light Double platinum spark plugs. My car has 125k+ miles.

I think theres the problem, the oem ignition coils and plugs are not good enough for the stage 1 tune. its best to switch to r8 coils and ngk plugs, they can handle the extra power from the tune.

Djduge

I think theres the problem, the oem ignition coils and plugs are not good enough for the stage 1 tune. its best to switch to r8 coils and ngk plugs, they can handle the extra power from the tune.
Alright I'm going to trade them out and see if that fixes the problem. In the meantime I'm going to run my car stock.
Thanks so much for the info!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
if it's not that you may be getting failure of the intake manifold and/or carbon buildup. do you get misfires on stock tune?