GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing the Helix sub help

Rideabike06

Hey guys, thanks for the add! 2018 Alltrack S, ordered the Helix Subwoofer (B model) and kind of hesitant to install it- specifically the head unit wiring. I've searched pretty diligently and the most informative video was the guy that blew a fuse b/c he didn't pull the battery ground. None of the videos I've found has my particular radio (no CD player in the glove box and face config has different knob & button placement). Main confusion is pulling wires and rewiring the block, definitely not trying to trigger nuclear launch codes by mistake. From this group I've learned what tools I need, coding dongle is a must and there's some great tips for securing the speaker with the spare. Thanks for any help.

Louiekaps

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
Radio trim pops off easily and you aren’t rewiring anything. The main power and ground will be in the same position of the quad lock.

Rideabike06

Radio trim pops off easily and you aren’t rewiring anything. The main power and ground will be in the same position of the quad lock.
Yeah wiring was the easy part. Hell everything but the fascia was easy. Finished but the radio trim won't go back right. 1/4 gap around the air vent dial but I passed the F it mark an hour back so she'll be alright.

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Yeah wiring was the easy part. Hell everything but the fascia was easy. Finished but the radio trim won't go back right. 1/4 gap around the air vent dial but I passed the F it mark an hour back so she'll be alright.

Use a set of needle nose pliers covered in a rag and pull on the vents pushing the trim in to the clips at the same time. Had this problem too when I did my 8 inch screen upgrade until I did that..

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Good idea with the covered needle nosed. That radio trim was the hardest part of the whole install.

I ended up just pulling my radio fuse and using a dental pick to repin the connectors. You are moving two wires and they are easier than most other re-pin jobs I’ve done.

@Strange Mud has it right, walk away for a day and come back so you don’t get frustrated and break shit. .