GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
48419880-6A81-47FA-857C-10A76F56BC0C.jpeg

Beautiful day out today, 60’s and sunny. Took the dog for a ride in the GTI to the park to burn some energy off.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Downpipe arrived yesterday, their shipping speed rivals Amazon ?. Ordered it on the 26th (free shipping) came in on the 27th. Placed the order with fcpeuro , awe shipped it straight from their warehouse. Installed schedule for January 24th.?

Here are some pics, welds look good . Definitely a good looking downpipe .

IMG_20191228_194713.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191228_194723.jpg
    IMG_20191228_194723.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20191228_194728.jpg
    IMG_20191228_194728.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20191228_194734.jpg
    IMG_20191228_194734.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20191228_194816.jpg
    IMG_20191228_194816.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20191228_194825.jpg
    IMG_20191228_194825.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20191228_194914.jpg
    IMG_20191228_194914.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20191228_194939.jpg
    IMG_20191228_194939.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20191228_194942.jpg
    IMG_20191228_194942.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 84

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Been thinking about going back to stock springs. I'm currently sitting on MT DG springs with Autotech Clubsport shocks. Although i like the ride height i wished i would of went for DSG DG springs instead (DSG). CA roads are just horrible so maybe stock springs with the Autotech shocks will be good enough. ill still have all other suspension mods and will keep adding more. also going to be running bigger tires (245/40/18). thoughts?
My car has the stock suspension and I've run the 245/40/18 almost since I had it new. It came with Pirelli tires, which I've never had luck with so I got rid of those quick. I'm on my second set now of BFG g-force 245's. They get loud as they wear down, but I got 45k miles out of the first set.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Downpipe arrived yesterday, their shipping speed rivals Amazon ?. Ordered it on the 26th (free shipping) came in on the 27th. Placed the order with fcpeuro , awe shipped it straight from their warehouse. Installed schedule for January 24th.?

Here are some pics, welds look good . Definitely a good looking downpipe .

View attachment 162051
you've gotta wait that long for install? damn.

itsjaylow

Yes. There's a very extensive thread about intercoolers on vwv. IE is the clear winner, not even close. APR and I believe Wagner are also second. And unifronic is a good option aswell. Unless you're going big turbo you won't know the difference.
Wagner all the way. Stage 2 Unitronic and I can tell an immediate difference. They also have temperature and pressure data. They do it right.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Installed my shifter shaft bushings that I found in a box yesterday. The old ones were in fine shape, but still soft like the pictures show so the new ones will take out any give they may have had. I still have a lot of side to side play that I think will be cleaned up by the first gear getter. I tried to install that but could not for the life of me pull the plastic part off the ball after popping the 4 clips so I gave up.

Link to video of shifter play since embedding doesn't work well

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Installed my shifter shaft bushings that I found in a box yesterday. The old ones were in fine shape, but still soft like the pictures show so the new ones will take out any give they may have had. I still have a lot of side to side play that I think will be cleaned up by the first gear getter. I tried to install that but could not for the life of me pull the plastic part off the ball after popping the 4 clips so I gave up.

Link to video of shifter play since embedding doesn't work well
You can shim the socket at the bottom to help with some of the side to side slop too.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
You can shim the socket at the bottom to help with some of the side to side slop too.
I've got a card in there already, but i'll probably redo it when I go to do the first gear getter also. I wouldn't be surprised if the original plastic piece is in rough shape as I like to move the shifter back and forth kinda aggressively to make sure it's in neutral.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
As promised, pics of my freshly tinted windows. For those wondering, I got those black emblems from the ebay link above and they're legit. Feel free to get them if looking.

I also bought some metal door sill scuff plates that say gti on them. Will post pics later.

Edit: For those looking for the black emblems, they are here.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
As promised, pics of my freshly tinted windows. For those wondering, I got those black emblems from the ebay link above and they're legit. Feel free to get them if looking.

I also bought some metal door sill scuff plates that say gti on them. Will post pics later.
you found 2Dr ones? i've been unable to find ones for 2DR

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
you found 2Dr ones? i've been unable to find ones for 2DR
Yea, I found two door ones. I've posted pics below of them just sitting on the sill. I haven't installed them yet cause I'm too lazy to wash the car. You can find them here. They were pricey, but definitely good quality and the packaging was unreal.

Also, don't mind the blue tint. They still have the protective film on them

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
you've gotta wait that long for install? damn.
Unfortunately that was the earliest I could get off and didn't want to tackle the install myself. Taking it to a local shop.
I'm pretty excited about the downpipe, really curious how's it's going to sound with my neuspeeed exhaust. Can't find anyone running that set up.
^ slap it on
?

GolNat

Autocross Champion

I was going to ask you sometime soon if you ended up getting them. Thanks for the update.

Yea, I found two door ones. I've posted pics below of them just sitting on the sill. I haven't installed them yet cause I'm too lazy to wash the car. You can find them here. They were pricey, but definitely good quality and the packaging was unreal.

I have had those saved on My eBay but wasn’t ready to take a chance given the price. Thanks again!! I couldn’t find them anywhere else but that eBay seller.

Window tint is on my Spring agenda. Both the GTI and the Jetta