GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Re-routing coolant hose (IE intake)

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Any clarification I can get on this is greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to install the coolant hose that come with the IE open intake and I know that there is a check valve inside the OEM one. The instruction on IE website doesnt say to move the check valve from the OEM to their. I wanted to double check with someone that already installed this intake to see if I need to move the check valve from the OEM one to the new hose. I tried to call IE and it seems like the rep was not too sure on this subject. He told me to use the check valve in the OEM but then told me not to when I mentioned their installation guide.

Also any idea on where I can mount the SAI filter to? I do not have the bracket that came with SAI kit anymore. Ziptie it to somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Testsvr

I tucked the sai underneath the main filter and zip tip tied it to the battery cable, i routed it on back side of grommet. As for check value i just followed the ie instructions so i didnt swap the check valve and i dont have any issues i might go back and install it

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
I tucked the sai underneath the main filter and zip tip tied it to the battery cable, i routed it on back side of grommet. As for check value i just followed the ie instructions so i didnt swap the check valve and i dont have any issues i might go back and install it

I saw that the hose from ecs has their own check valve inside and APR kit requires you to switch the OEM over. I'll double check the hose from IE later tonight to see if I can see any valve in there.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Yup I moved my one to APR one. Kinda pain. You should be able to tel if there’s one in there or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
I checked IE coolant hose and it doesn't have the check valve. Guess I'll have to use the OEM one.

Testsvr

Ecs has a coolant hose with the check valve bulitin . .Looks like the same shape as the IE hose.

Esc part number
ES#3195878

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
I just installed the coolant hose provided by IE. I put the OEM check valve in and drove around for about 30 mins...no issue so far. I checked couple of times on the hose to see if there is one already but there was none that I can feel.

Another thing I noticed about APR's instruction is that they stated to put the OEM valve on the end that goes to the engine. The valve on the original hose was on the opposite side of where APR stated to put. I don't think it matter much as long as you put the check valve in the same direction as the stock one.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I just installed the coolant hose provided by IE. I put the OEM check valve in and drove around for about 30 mins...no issue so far. I checked couple of times on the hose to see if there is one already but there was none that I can feel.

Another thing I noticed about APR's instruction is that they stated to put the OEM valve on the end that goes to the engine. The valve on the original hose was on the opposite side of where APR stated to put. I don't think it matter much as long as you put the check valve in the same direction as the stock one.

Correct. I just put it directly where the OEM was located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Which direction does the check valve go? Is the coolant supposed to flow from the motor to the radiator, so the ball on the check valve faces the motor?

Or the other way round so the ball faces the radiator?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I would have installed a different intake that doesn't require the hose to be rerouted.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Well, technically I don't think any of them require one, it just gives a cleaner look if you do. So the check valve goes towards the radiator btw.