GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Merry Christmas from a new GTI Owner

Tom2112

Car(s)
Black 2019 VW GTI S
Merry Christmas from a brand new GTI owner!

I just purchased my first GTI last night. Got a 2019, black, S trim level, manual transmission GTI. I drove it for 2 hours after I bought it and I really like it. I wish I hadn't waited so long to upgrade from my old car.

And now to start thinking about mods... LOL

Have a great holiday,
Tom

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ditch the stock all season tires asap, if you plan to have fun with the car anyway. Stock rubber only adequate for highway cruising or grannying around town. ?

Tom2112

Car(s)
Black 2019 VW GTI S
I was just looking on Tire Rack at wheel/tire packages. :)

I kinda want to get two sets - one winter and one summer. Do you know if you need any special tools to get the car to recognize two sets of tire pressure sensors so that I don't have to take it to a tire shop every spring/fall?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
indirect tpms it uses wheel speed sensor to count rotations per mile and can figure out OD of tire = change in pressure

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I was just looking on Tire Rack at wheel/tire packages. :)

I kinda want to get two sets - one winter and one summer. Do you know if you need any special tools to get the car to recognize two sets of tire pressure sensors so that I don't have to take it to a tire shop every spring/fall?

You can always keep the Miltons (I painted mine black) for the winters, and get a nice set of summer wheels and tires. The all-seasons are worth a couple hundred bucks if close to new.

If your summers (or in my case, winters) aren't the stock size, a simple TPMS reset through the infotainment will get rid of the light.

Enjoy!

Tom2112

Car(s)
Black 2019 VW GTI S
indirect tpms it uses wheel speed sensor to count rotations per mile and can figure out OD of tire = change in pressure

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but are you telling me the TPS sensors don't actually "talk" to the car, that they're not paired? That would be cool because it means I can change my own tires!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Tires and a rear sway bar are the best first mods you can do. They transform the car.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Congrats.