GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

6mt Transmission fluid flush

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
So then North American MK7.5 6-Speed Manual GTIs don't have a fill plug?

JWTS

Ready to race!
So then North American MK7.5 6-Speed Manual GTIs don't have a fill plug?

I think it's actually just hit and miss. They do 2 versions of the transmission case and it's luck of the draw. The funny thing is that the ones w/o the plug have a clear outline of where the hole should be drilled.

It really is not a big deal. After changing it once, I would actually fill through the selector bolt anyway, even if I had a fill plug. Main reason is that I don't have to worry about leveling the car--I can fill on ramps and just add 2.3L. If my driveway were level, it may be a different story! You don't even need to remove the airbox for access--it can just be bent up out of the way if you have the stock intake.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I guess it's a bit like coolant replacement on some brands these days where there's no bleed screw(s) in the engine block. My Nissan is like this. The factory manuals read that you're to draw a vacuum on the system as it's filled using a special tool that creates a venturi effect from compressed air. Just another cost-cutting notion that saves five cents per engine block.

Last edited:

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Shop DAP

ECS tuning sells a magnetic drain plug replacement for OEM

if you dont have a lift you can put up in floor stands and get at it from beneath with harbor freight pump kit

Attachments

• 28343714-71AE-47F2-AF1B-C6CC3FB08A67.jpeg
    28343714-71AE-47F2-AF1B-C6CC3FB08A67.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109