GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator for modded Alltrack? Techtonics drone is horrible!

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Hi all, modded Alltrack, IS20, IE DOWNPIPE, Techtonics full exhaust. Drone is atrocious. Techtonics uses a small Borla resonator, is there room in the tunnel with rear driveshaft to allow another resonator OR can I leave the Borla and add another inline before it? Suggestions? Thanks!

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I know a lot of guys like the Vibrant 17930 resonator. Its 2-1/2". So depending on your exhaust diameter, get that same model with the proper piping size

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Thanks for your input BUT the exhaust system on Alltrack is quite different due to tunnel with driveshaft to rear diff. I was hoping someone with an R could chime in and tell me what works on the AWD MQB chassis.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I had a Eurojet downpipe and had to sell and purchase a downpipe that had an inline resonator manufactured by ultimate racing. It came with the large Vibrant resonator which resolved drone. I did not have sufficient room to have a resonator welded behind the Euroject downpipe.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
PM’d Jake about this recently (I drive a 4Motion GSW) and here was his input:

”Find a reputable fabricator who’s proficient with TIG welding 304 Stainless.

The only resonator I recommend is the 3” Vibrant 17950.

For proper fitment on an AWD MQB car it needs to be mounted roughly where the Downpipe and CBE meet so I’d have them cut your downpipe where it’s still 3”, add a V band, and re route the entire section of the exhaust the runs down the drive shaft tunnel in 3” eliminating the pointless zig zag back and forth across the driveshaft (keeping everything on the passenger side). Add another 3” v band near where the OEM resonator would start, fabricate the appropriate bend and reduce down to 2.38 (that 60mm in ‘Merica) and weld it to the remaining section of your OEM CBE.”

That last part about the OEM CBE diameter reduction obviously wouldn’t pertain to OP, but lots of good reviews on that Vibrant resonator eliminating drone issues in the linked thread above.