GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
When we bought this house three years ago, I kept the garage completely empty while I built the workbench, organized storage, and got the workarea ready.

It has never looked even remotely as clean since this photo was taken.

That looks great, ubermick. Stuff has a natural tendency to populate work surfaces I've found. Can't remember the last time my bench top was perfectly clean. :D

littlejoe1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 ID.4 😲
Damn... ya’ll make me sad.

I’ve got a 108 year old house with an 80 year old detached garage that just barely fits my GTI. Fun fact: the whole garage has sunk below grade over the years, so I get to walk through an inch of water to get in my car every time it rains.

Short of having electric, the only other upgrade was the powered garage door I installed this weekend. Had to relocate the ceiling joists to make that work.

I can’t wait to tear this thing down and build a dream garage, but that’s probably a decade down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Based on those photos, your garage is HUGE! I had to pan all over the place just to see it all. :p

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
It has never looked even remotely as clean since this photo was taken.

Yeah right..we believe you....cough..BS...cough.....haha.!!...

mind you I do know that feeling....."oh look everything is nice & tidy & look at all that space..quick take a pic".....5mins later....bomb site!!...aarrrggghhhhh!!!!!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
It's called a line array. Lots of theory, but long story short... They handle gobs of power, but sound clean since each speaker is only only handling a small fraction of the signal. Lots of speakers, close together, act much like a line source and radiate in a cylindrical pattern, rather than spherically. Like miniature versions of a line array hung at a concert. You can't see the two bass bins, with 2-10" subs each. A few kW of tri-amped power using pro gear.

They sound clean well over 1/4 mile away. Aren't you glad you don't live next to me ;)

Build thread: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/f...er-big-cheap-array-holes-holes-and-more-holes

I used to modify hi-fi's...even built my own 2 stage cross overs with various other filters/tweaks..even hand wound my own air cored inductors...….I sold it all & spent the money on some nice Denon with a FLAC network player......music ripped or downloaded onto USB as FLAC....only thing I modified was buying good cabling of the reel & making all my end connections!...

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I used to modify hi-fi's...even built my own 2 stage cross overs with various other filters/tweaks..even hand wound my own air cored inductors...….I sold it all & spent the money on some nice Denon with a FLAC network player......music ripped or downloaded onto USB as FLAC....only thing I modified was buying good cabling of the reel & making all my end connections!...

I used to work at a hi-fi shop way back in the 80s-90s. Since then I've made all my own interconnects by hand, I don't trust cheap factory crimp jobs on RCA cables. I also dabbled in speaker design and construction, making my own crossovers, etc. That's all gone now, and the only speakers I have now are several sets of vintage 70s A/D/S of varying sizes.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Old garage was a dream. 960sqft of heated and insulated space.

Now I have a 2-car, turned into a 3-car. Sigh.

80E7C03F-6F02-4A12-86F3-EECC45EA19F3.jpeg

That looks great, ubermick. Stuff has a natural tendency to populate work surfaces I've found. Can't remember the last time my bench top was perfectly clean. :D

I feel you. This is my basement workbench just after the elfa went up. Not at all photogenic now. ?

2EB72F9E-B33B-4BAF-A844-821685946908.jpeg

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
82 Mayfair, 998, hf44 on highflow intake mani, LCB head back exhaust, lightweight flywheel and verto starter conversion. Front subframe out of a 98 sport pack with AP disc conversion, and finned rear drums.

Have a 1275 awaiting rebuild.

It’s my wife’s toy, we did a ground up resto on it while we were in Japan for three years. Brought her home with us... my wife that is. :D

Justgotohm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE SP 6sp M
Not really a "garage", more like an overstuffed workshop. My R has never been in there, and my GTI was in it (maybe) once. Someday...someday, I want to build my dream 6-car workshop.

Those line arrays are dope!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
82 Mayfair, 998, hf44 on highflow intake mani, LCB head back exhaust, lightweight flywheel and verto starter conversion. Front subframe out of a 98 sport pack with AP disc conversion, and finned rear drums.

Have a 1275 awaiting rebuild.

It’s my wife’s toy, we did a ground up resto on it while we were in Japan for three years. Brought her home with us... my wife that is. :D

Ha!

Awesome ride. I will have one, one day.
Bet you get all kinds of looks driving it.