GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant leaks... yes i know what else is new

LifeofRob

Car(s)
09GTI
So, 09 gti, it takes about 3 to 4 weeks to lose enough coolant for the warning light to come on. I am going to attack a video where the leak is coming from. I dont know the engine quite well but I have been working on engines for quite some time. I just need help identifying the part and or source. I am under the car and this is between the engine and the firewall.

Click here for the video about my leak.

nicholasn

The link isn't letting me in (it says I need to request permission), but have you checked coolant hoses and fittings? I have not had any coolant leaks in my GTI, but every leak I've ever encountered in other people's cars was some sort of hose or connection with a hose.

LifeofRob

Car(s)
09GTI
The link isn't letting me in (it says I need to request permission), but have you checked coolant hoses and fittings? I have not had any coolant leaks in my GTI, but every leak I've ever encountered in other people's cars was some sort of hose or connection with a hose.
If you could request permission I'll approve it. I dont know why the link did that. I thought it was a hose but from the video I think it's the head gasket. I got a pressure tester and it's not super apparent it's the head... I'm just confused now. But I am losing my reservoir of coolant every month. Thinking of putting high tenp rtv on the outside for now. It's my daily driver.