GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 flames? DSG

Bosnian1

Hey guys, just a quick question. As of right now, I have a fully stock mk7 gti with a muffler delete. I was wondering if there would be any possibility of "shooting flames" and what I would have to have done in order to get at that stage.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
You have a catalytic converter so no flames for you. You'd have to run essentially a straight pipe and a fairly rich tune.

Bosnian1

You have a catalytic converter so no flames for you. You'd have to run essentially a straight pipe and a fairly rich tune.
So I would essentially have to take out my catalytic converter. So if I ran a full straight pipe I would then be able to have "flames" with a tune? And by tune you mean stage 1 atleast?

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
So I would essentially have to take out my catalytic converter. So if I ran a full straight pipe I would then be able to have "flames" with a tune? And by tune you mean stage 1 atleast?

Running any flashed tune or even a piggy back won't give you flames. It would be pretty hard to get flames on the MK7's as there ECU's are so advanced to have a complete burn. When you run rich you're not burning all the fuel, so some if it eventually gets into the exhaust and the heat will cause flames.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
This thread reminds me of a friend's RUF 930. Driving behind him at night, you could see the exhaust manifolds glow and some impressive flames out the tail pipes.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
A tune that dumps more fuel into the combustion chamber than needed, which is also not a good thing. In general, not something that is going to happen with our cars.

Porschetech1

Passed Driver's Ed
Flames on a gti u are gonna have to add a propane kit. You can do it just will have to be added on can't do it with just the engine. The cars are to advanced now a days for flames. Old turbo cars would because they kept fueling off throttle to help keep turbo spoiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion