GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ZiRiS

1. ZiRiS

Gti parts for sale

How much for that Whole OEM Shifter Assembly?
  2. ZiRiS

VW GTI Fast w/ Original Box + Packaging

PM sent to Sacman.
  3. ZiRiS

FS (full fsi dsg part out ) southern cali

Any interior parts available? I would be interested in your shift boot. Well, more specifically, the little rectangle-ish plastic piece that goes at the bottom of the shift boot, holding it in place to the housing below. Mine broke while replacing the boot and that specific part is not sold...
  4. ZiRiS

Gti parts for sale

How about that shifter? Got a pic of that? Is it the shift knob? The boot? Both? What about the little plastic piece around the inside of the boot that holds it to the housing below? Is that also included?
  5. ZiRiS

Which bulb is this?

Hi, Guys. I had a tail light go out recently, and before I just pull the whole tail light assembly out, I'd like to know if someone here already knows which actual bulb powers the light that went out on my car. Please look at the following picture. Ignore the text from the image I found in...
  6. ZiRiS

Please Help?

This person's cat went to the ER and now he can't pay the bills. I'm hoping someone on here can/will help him out. He's a really good dude, Veteran, gives to charities, drives a MKV GTI and no BS, this cat literally saved his life...TWICE! (tl;dr: There a house fire, the cat woke him up in time...
  7. ZiRiS

2008 FSi won't start

So I was driving down the street yesterday morning, tried to give it some gas, not a lot, just enough to keep moving at my same speed, and instead of what is expected to happen, it died. I pulled off to the side of the road and tried to restart it, but it wouldn't restart. So I whipped out my...
  8. ZiRiS

VCDS Scan, implausible error

So I scanned my '08 GTI this weekend. The radio errors I am aware of, since there is an aftermarket radio that's completely hooked up wrong in there. (I'll be replacing it with a much better radio at some point in the future.) For now, though, I'm getting an implausible signal on the interior...
  9. ZiRiS

Missing an unknown piece

So I'm missing a piece on my right, rear door handle. (4-door) See my pic below: Anyone know what piece goes inside that hole? It's pretty obvious what goes on the outside. Or should the piece that goes on the outside be able to hold itself in without some mystery piece on the inside of that...
  10. ZiRiS

Weird questions

Ok, so I'm not a mechanic. I work in IT, actually, but I enjoy getting my hands dirty and learning more about the engine bay of my MKV. I recently bought a 2008 GTI with an FSI/BPY engine. The vehicle was built 07/07. This vehicle has lots of mods on it and I don't even know what's been done...
  11. ZiRiS

VAGCOM/VCDS available in DFW

So I found a VCDS cable for sale in the classifieds on this very forum. I get that rest of this post kind of belongs in the classifieds, but I wanted to post here in the South West area, next to my other post mentioning VAGCOM, so it can be seen that I now have a VCDS cable. I am (usually)...
  12. ZiRiS

General Questions

Ladies & Gentlemen, I have some newb questions. I just recently bought an early 2008 GTI, 4 door. It has some mods on it. The ones I know about are a catch can, a Neuspeed intake, a BOV, & a catless DP. I suspect it probably has a chip, but I have no clue which one. Is there a way to figure it...
  13. ZiRiS

Desperately need VAG-COM in DFW area.

So I just bought a 2008 GTI today. It's my 5th GTI ever. I had a 1983 Rabbit GTI until I fell asleep at the wheel. I was young, don't judge me. I had a 2007 GTI that I bought in Germany while in the Army, and later imported it to the U. S. I had another 2007 GTI, but foolishly sold it. I had a...
  14. ZiRiS

DSG 40k mi maintenance (Yes, I searched!)

So I just performed my 40,000 mile maintenance today. The odometer was around 47,000 miles. Don't judge me. I changed the spark plugs, the fuel filter, cabin filter, air filter, engine oil & filter, and of course, the DSG oil & filter. When I drained the oil from the DSG, it all seemed to go...
  15. ZiRiS

DSG Service

So my DSG is working as intended. If you're looking to fix a DSG, keep moving. I am coming up on 40,000 miles and this is my first DSG but my 3rd MKV GTI. It's CPO and looks and smells new! I am aware of all the things that need to be checked and inspected and replaced and fixed and so on and so...