GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by zap

1. Z

Driver door won't open

Hi My driver door is stuck, couldn't open from inside or outside. Anyway to get it open? I had this problem of needing to pull the outside door handle twice, a few weeks before the above dreaded stuck door happened.
  2. Z

R32's DSG - does it judder on rolling off from standstill?

Hi all Thinking of getting the R32 (from a Mk5 gti) so this dealer has the nice blue 4dr. As I was in a hurry, the test drive was brief. But I do notice the car judders/vibrates a bit (not hugely) when its rolling off from standstill. Rolling off means creeping forward without applying any gas...
  3. Z

GPS Antenna: does it fail?

Hi Over the past few days, I discovered that my RNS510 was having difficulty locating satellites. And finally since yesterday, it couldn't locate any satellite at all. I'd checked the hidden menu and it showed antenna disconnected but when I removed the RNS510 to check, the antenna was still...
  4. Z

Shipping gti back to Australia

Hi Anyone one know of any shippers? Any idea the total costs?
  5. Z

Armrest 6-CD changer

Hi Can it pull up without the special key tool ? Tks
  6. Z

Soaked interior (front seats and footwell)

Hi After heavy raining, i noticed that the front seats and mats/carpets were wet. Once when I was driving under heavy down, I noticed that water was dripping from A-pillar around the visor area. I read that it could be due 1. Door seals 2. Sunroof drains - where to locate these? Anyone has...
  7. Z

Can I re-use this LCA mount?

Hi all On the inner aspect of this mount, there's some shavings off the rubber exposing the metal inside the rubber. Otherwise this mount is still in very good condition. The question is can I still re-use this mount? Tks
  8. Z

Please help: lip/tab of connector broken, can't remove disconnect the coilpack

Hi all All 4 of the lips (red arrow above) got brittle and broken off while i try to pull them. I can't seemed to disconnect the harness connectors from the coilpacks now. How do I disconnect them to replace the failing coilpacks?
  9. Z

Is it necessary to change out the bolts/nuts when replacing suspension?

Apologies if this noob question had been asked before: When we change out the old suspension (both struts & shocks) & strut mounts (mine is 100k mileage), do we need change out a new set of bolts and nuts? Cos its a quite wait to get these over to here. If its necessary, what are the important...
  10. Z

Receiver-Dryer of aircon system do to change?

Hi Is there a maintenance schedule for the receiver-dryer? Do we need to change it every few years? Is it a pain to change it? Need to remove the whole front assembly?
  11. Z

Brake pads...what are the dimensions?

Hi Time to change my brake pads, I'm running R32 front & stock gti rear. I visited an online store, but was confused by the different sizes available, though I selected R32 front & Gti rear. Here are the options: For R32 front: 1. width (mm)= 155.1/156.3, 2. height (mm)= 72.9, 3. thickness...
  12. Z

Can anyone help? Where's the fuse for the front & rear interior dome lights?

Hi Think I shorted the rear interior lights and blew the fuse while meddling with the sagging headliner. Anyone know where is the location of the fuse for interior lightings? Tks for the help
  13. Z

Where is the fuse for the radio/rcd?

Hi Sorry for the noob qn but I need to pull it out soon cos is draining battery and there's no diagram on both the fuse boxes Tks
  14. Z

Fuel cut? accelerator non responsive above 3k rpm

Hi everyone Is this fuel cut? At higher gears (mostly 4th gear onwards, 3rd if upslope), my gti speeds drop above 3000 rpm, despite flooring the pedal. Need to let the rpm drop below 3000, either by releasing the pedal and wait or change up the gear. The top speed is around 122/3 km/hr at 6th...
  15. Z

Help please: what kind of brake line/hose retaining clips to the chasis

Hi I don't have a visual when my mechanic threw away these and used cable ties instead...damn it. Anyone has a picture or what kind of clips or part no. for the front & rear? Thanks