GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by VancouverGTI

1. VancouverGTI

Official Canada FS/FT/WTB/WTT Thread #2

Brand new in box, VW OEM storage tray, only taken out to test fit, and is in mint condition. $100 or no offer. GVRD only; will not ship. In original packaging: The underside, to show the textured adhesive inserts (taped in place from factory) that go in the bottom of each segment to keep...
  2. VancouverGTI

Official Canada FS/FT/WTB/WTT Thread #2

Pictures of the storage tray, as promised (albeit late). Again, part is new in box, only taken out to test fit, and is in mint condition. $100 or no offer. GVRD only; will not ship. In original packaging: The underside, to show the textured adhesive inserts (taped in place from factory) that...
  3. VancouverGTI

EPA considering lowering ethanol content

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/16/us/for-first-time-epa-proposes-reducing-ethanol-requirement-for-gas-mix.html?_r=1& An interesting about-face. Personally, I like your ethanol enriched fuel, as it's much better than B.C.'s crappy gas. I've always thought the idea of trading food stock for fuel...
  4. VancouverGTI

$5 device opening locked cars

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/new-5-device-easily-unlocks-car-doors-for-thieves-in-winnipeg-1.2288826 So, what do we know about this? Does it affect us, and if so, would disabling the remote in VAG-COM solve the issue? This could change everything where keyless entry is concerned. :mad:
  5. VancouverGTI

R8 coil packs - better or worse than stock?

Blew my first coil pack last night on the way home from work. Limped it into the dealership and they verified that it was a bad coil pack, which isn't covered by my powertrain warranty. So, given that it was on my dime, I had them install the R8 coil packs instead; part number 06E-905-115-E...
  6. VancouverGTI

Alzor 349's vs. VMR V710's

Alzor Style 349's Saw these in my inbox today, and for the price, well... wow. Anyone in the know capable of telling me why the Alzor's are half the price of a V710? No disrespect intended towards VMR at all! I just can't get past the price difference here.
  7. VancouverGTI

VW is Anti-Gun

xatnys, you're either not reading your own posts, or you're being obtuse; I'm not sure which, but it's getting harder to give you the benefit of the doubt. It's abundantly clear that I'm challenging your "violent crime" figure, and not the homicide rate, but you're suggesting I'm the one...
  8. VancouverGTI

Dear vendors; please make this boost gauge

Well, now you have... This isn't my picture, but it's exactly what my gauge looks like, too. The minute you have a logo on something, you can't possibly say it looks OEM; the illusion is shattered before it had a chance to form. And all of the brand examples you gave were perfectly...
  9. VancouverGTI

bilstein hd vs sport

That's a pretty gorgeous setup, actually; I like! It's also a bit lower than my DGs, which are MkV Auto 2D on a MkV Auto 2D. You've got me thinking now, as I don't think I'd want to go any lower, given our local roads. Maybe I should get the B6s after all? Just how much can the struts and...
  10. VancouverGTI

Replacing only one strut?

My `09 is at the dealer for its 60,000km service, and its bumper-to-bumper warranty expires within a week. I've been complaining of a click when maneuvering at parking lot speeds, and turning the wheel to full lock. They've identified a leaking strut, and replaced just the one under warranty...
  11. VancouverGTI

BlaineWasHere's FR-S Build Thread!

Well dude, I'll try not to harsh your buzz too much. A bartender girlfriend would be a terrible thing to waste! But seriously... you took my comment, and put it underneath something other than what I was commenting on. That's the very definition of the phrase, "out of context", so... By your...
  12. VancouverGTI

Something Burgundy

What's not to love?
  13. VancouverGTI

question regarding oil weight and rating

Ok, I'll follow your lead here and try to make this more civil. Here, we'll have to agree to disagree, I guess. You say this is Volkswagen's recommendation, and I say that's simply not correct. The oil you've linked is simply one of the many oils Castrol makes, which is appropriate for some...