GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by twisted by dezign

1. twisted by dezign

Car vibrates when not accelerating

My car just recently started vibrating in a pulsing manner whenever I am not accelerating (i.e. maintaining constant speed, letting off the gas). When I roll the window down, I hear a ticking noise as the car rolls forward. Whenever I accelerate, the car sounds normal and does not vibrate at...
  2. twisted by dezign

Defi Blue Racer boost gauge help

So I just start up my car one day and the Defi Blue Racer boost gauge doesn't work properly anymore. It just goes back and forth between two values (e.g. -30 to -20 Hg). If I floor it, sometimes it jumps up either in a positive or negative direction and sets in a different location. What seems...
  3. twisted by dezign

Fuel Pump screw broke off during driving!

My fuel pump is LOOSE. The car has a CEL now. One of the bolts has broken; they didn't seem to be torqued properly. The problem is that the shop that installed the FP is 1.5 hours away so I have to take my car to a dealer or to a tuner shop here. I just got the FP installed 1.5 months ago. Think...
  4. twisted by dezign

Engine cover - front intake top cover missing

So I checked under the hood of my car and the top part of the intake that is before the hose is missing. I have no idea how it is missing... How pertinent is it to get it covered up? Maybe this is a good excuse to buy a BSH true seal or something :biggrin:
  5. twisted by dezign

MkV GTI with R32 rear end

Here are some pics of my car with the new mods I installed (R32 rear end and EJ R32 style TBE, Defi Blue Racer boost gauge): Yes I know the gauge needs to be adjusted in these pic. It wasn't hooked up completely when I took the pics; just wanted to see what it looked like with the lights...
  6. twisted by dezign

Wow, Stage 2+ is amazing! (with some pics)

Wow, Stage 2+ is amazing! (with more pics) I just got my car back from the shop. It has a Eurojet R32 style TBE, APR HPFP, and a Unitronic Stage 2+ flash. The car pulls very hard in every gear and higher RPMs aren't that bad now considering the car would really die off in the 6000 RPM range...
  7. twisted by dezign

I hate waiting.

So yesterday my EJ R32 style TBE, R32 bumper foam, and other random parts were scheduled for delivery from UPS. I got home from work and found out that I missed it, but it said that I could pick it up at a location between 5-6pm on the same day or 6-9am the next morning. As I was about to leave...
  8. twisted by dezign

Installing HPFP without HPFP file

I have an APR HPFP and I was wondering if it would be alright to install it a bit earlier just to get it out of the way and avoid a longer install when I get my exhaust and R32 rear bumper cover installed (exhaust isn't here yet). Would it cause any problems or no?
  9. twisted by dezign

Aftermarket parts stores in Chicago

I'm going to Chicago on Thursday for a week so I was wondering if there were any cool aftermarket part stores to check out there. I'm just looking for little things like smoked side markers, etc. Thanks :thumbsup:
  10. twisted by dezign

24k service

How necessary is the 24k service? I haven't really been pushing the car too hard lately due to the winter. Also, would I have warranty issues if I took the car for its 24k service to a non-dealer shop?
  11. twisted by dezign

Air isn't blowing from the vents.

It's really cold right now in Alberta so this is one of the worst things that could happen. I started up the car and turned on the windshield and rear window blowers on with A/C enabled and the temperature at HI and nothing was blowing. None of the Climatronic buttons worked. The heated seats...
  12. twisted by dezign

Stage 1 MkV vs. Honda Fit

So I was driving down a road and a tricked-out Honda Fit with wheels and a bodykit comes out of nowhere and is revving his engine and is trying to show how fast he is by stomping on the gas. I am driving normally and he can't even keep up with me. Why should he even bother? :iono:
  13. twisted by dezign

11.631@122.82

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4057765 JC@douglas runs 11.631@122.82. I wonder how long it will take to see 10s!
  14. twisted by dezign

Windshield chip

I hate trucks. After a truck stupidly decided to merge into the fast lane to go 1 km faster than the car on the right, a huge rock flew at my windshield and chipped it. The chip is under an inch in diameter and there are no cracks. Would it be recommended to get a DIY repair kit (which ones...
  15. twisted by dezign

vs. 90s Oldsmobile

I beat some 90s Oldsmobile that launched from an intersection that tried to cut in front of me because his lane was ending. He caught me off guard so I stomped on it and flew right by him, blocking him from entering my lane. Don't you hate people like that?