GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Tutti57

1. T

Timing Help

I'm doing the timing belt on my 2.0t and believe base timing was off before I started this job. To reset it, can pull the tb off, position the cams so that the lockdown tool fits on them, turn the crank so that cylinder 1 is at tdc, then out the belt on? Does the cam lock tool hold them at...
  2. T

Test Injectors?

Is there a way to test the injectors without removing the intake manifold? Can I tell with a stethoscope by listening for clicking while I try to start the car? I've got fuel at the hpfp But don't know if anything is happening at the injectors. No codes. Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
  3. T

FS: Ross-Tech HEX-CAN Cable

Authentic vcds cable shipped in the continental US for $300. Thanks! Matt
  4. T

Car Stalled and Won't Start

I drove out of my work parking lot, no weird noises or anything and while at a stop it turned off and wouldn't start back up. Tried to pop the hood and the damn lever broke and went limp. Got a ride home in a tow truck and have no codes. I hope it's not the timing belt.
  5. T

FS/FT Yakima Q Clips

I have all of the clips nreded for MKV Jetta Q Towers. Just need to sell or trade them to get C5 A6 sedan clips. BO or trade! Thanks, Matt
  6. T

FS: TPMS - 3 shipped for $50

I have three OEM sensors off my 2006 passat for $50 shipped. Let's get them gone!
  7. T

Tire Bar for Alloys

Has anyone seen anything like this sold in the US? I'm having a hard time finding a bar that doesn't destroy alloys and would rather not pay the shipping on this one from the UK. I have the HF manual tire changer and it is fine for steel wheels but I would never use it on anything else. This...
  8. T

Which AC Compressor?

$200 for a new aftermarket or $150 for a used oem from a 2007+? I generally buy the cheapest parts I can find, have been doing this for 15 years and rarley get burned. This ones got me thinking though.
  9. T

Limp mode under 40*

Whenever its under 40 out and I get into high boost, it gets cut right back to 5psi if I'm in 3rd gear or higher. 2nd gear just flips around a bunch up there like its trying to keep it out of a certain range. It was 35 on my way in today and this was happening. It got up to about 43 later on...
  10. T

Wheel w/no Weights?

What are chances of a wheel with a used tire being balanced with no weights on it? Im getting a stupid amount of vibrations and am trying to determine if its due to tire wear or balance. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
  11. T

Copper Plugs?

Anyone running copper plugs? From what I've read, you would have to change them more frequently, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using them in these motors. I might give them a try for poops. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
  12. T

Bypassing N75

How have you done this? There are 3 nipples on the valve, which ones go where when testing wg cracking pressure? Diagram would be wonderful.
  13. T

FS: Ross-Tech Micro Can Cable $200

This is a genuine Ross-Tech cable, not a knock off. It works on all MKV based models. $200 shipped in the US.
  14. T

FS: Pioneer App Radio $80

Duplicate thread.
  15. T

FS: Pioneer App Radio $80

I have two of these units for sale. They are touch screen media players that synch up to iphone 4 and 4s only. Bluetooth, calls, pandora, music, video, navigation from your phone displayed and controlled by the head unit. $80 each plus shipping.