GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Treadup

1. Treadup

SpaceX Launch From NC

Awesome!! Is that photo flipped? I see you’re in SC.
  2. Treadup

SpaceX Launch From NC

Oh I don’t watch the news either. My mother in law let me know.
  3. Treadup

SpaceX Launch From NC

Well, viewed from NC. Got a chance to see a SpaceX launch for the first time last night. Pretty amazing sight.
  4. Treadup

The Travel Thread - Where have you been?

Not counting airport layovers, In order: Canada Belize Roatan (Honduras) Grand Cayman ( UK Controlled) Mexico ( 8 months total between different work trips) Japan for a month Spain Finland for 2 months total Sweden
  5. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

I felt kinda weird taking photos of skeletons but you guys brought it up... They found these in the ship when it was discovered.
  6. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

Stopped by one more VW dealer on the way to the airport. Only a mk8 GTE in the show room. Really wanted to see a MK7/7.5 CSS or TCR. It was cool the dealer had classic VWs in their showroom. I also wish we had the 5 door RS3 in NA. Love that car.
  7. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

Back in Stockholm for the weekend. Went to the Vasa Museum this morning. Super interesting and photos don’t do it justice. This thing is huge! Such an awesome city. The first photo is in Galma Stan (old town) and is probably the most photographed place in the city. The Hairy Pig - best...
  8. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

Finally after numerous trips to VW dealers in Scandinavia, a lapiz blue MK8 Golf R. So much better in person. The mk7 profile looks better but man is this car sexy. The California camper van is badass, too!
  9. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

I was eating dinner tonight and this beauty rolled by. Also a RS6 avant- but I I didn’t get the phone out in time. Came across this mint Volvo truck while exploring an old town yesterday. Wish we had the Amarok in the states Tell me you’re in Sweden without telling me you’re in Sweden...
  10. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

I loved those videos when I was younger and figured I wasn’t the only one.
  11. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

Where in Sweden do you live? If I search Småland on google maps it shows many points near where I am in Västervik.
  12. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

Do the A-tractors have speed limiters on them? When I work in Finland I see a lot of the kids driving the really small cars that are speed limited. From my experience drivers are very respectful in Sweden so far and do not tailgate or speed very often. The highways are very well maintained and...
  13. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

So I saw two of theses 740 Volvo truck conversion today. I should of got a shot of the diamond plated “fish box” in the bed. I was trying to keep the occupants out of the photo. My co driver got some photos of this GTE and I didn’t notice until looking close at the photos but that looks like an...
  14. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

Thanks for all the advice on what to see and where to go. We made it to Västervik today with a visit in route to an old mine shaft. I was claustrophobic as hell as a child but I managed this without feeling overwhelmed. Västervik is a beautiful old town. I walked until it got dark and had the...
  15. Treadup

Getaway in Stockholm

My wife would disagree. Ah ok. The Cadiz through me off. Germany is on my list one day as that is where my fathers family hails from. While walking last night we came across This old street which reminds me of Diagon Alley from Harry Potter. I wish I had a real camera here with me. I am...