GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by tigeo

1. tigeo

Tax Advice Requested: 1099 Related

This is how I've done it as a sole proprietor/LLC for the last 5 years....meticulous record keeping and copious amounts of time researching/understanding the tax side of it. It's worked out great.
  2. tigeo

Happy to chat if you would like. It's not complicated but does require some work/thought if you want to do it right.
  3. tigeo

Take your last year's 1040 and calc your effective tax - total tax (line 24)/total income (line 9) and see where you land, should be in that ballpark but of course taxes are so variable just make sure you include social security/medicare in your total tax if you are a W2 and don't forget state -...
  4. tigeo

Correct - 1099s were elbible for unemployment even though they don't pay the insurance under CARES. There were also PPP and EIDL funds available to soles like me.
  5. tigeo

I don't believe so but to be accurate, I can only speak to VA as that's where my LLC is.
  6. tigeo

There is no unemployment insurance required (in VA) if you are a sole 1099.
  7. tigeo

Been a sole LLC/1099 guy for 5 years. You can deduct miles at the going government rate or actual costs but not both for work use of a vehicle. I have a lot of miles from my home office which is my place of business so it always made sense to do the miles. For actuals it will a % based on the...