GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TG.20T

1. T

Chip/flash high mileage diesel?

Hi all, I have a Bluefin that I installed on my '08 MKV GTI and then moved on to my '11 MK6 R. I bought both cars new, so they were low mileage and I sold them each at approx 30k miles. I now have a second hand '08 MKV GT Sport 2.0tdi 140PS, which has 130k miles on the clock. The car's been...
  2. T

FS: 2011 CW Mk6 R DSG, ACC, BLK 19", $47,000

Hi all, I have a beautiful CW 3-door MK6 DSG Golf R that I've owned and loved from new since 28th May 2011. Unfortunately, due to a recent change in my work situation I'll be moving back to the UK in a few months, and so will have to sell it on. I thought I'd post it up here in the first...
  3. T

Leaking FSD?

Opened the garage door today and discovered a small pool of fluid on the floor beneath the rear swing arm... Doesn't look good does it. Took it out for a quick drive and the back right knocks / clunks on compression. Happened when I backed it off the drive (slowly) and then also over bumps...
  4. T

Photoshop Student - 80% 0ff

Just came across this Adobe Education Store Has anyone purchased Adobe software this way? If anyone is currently a student and would like to help me out with the purchase of such software then I'd welcome a PM! Cheers.
  5. T

PS Request - re-colour wheels

Hi, Could someone please help me out in my decision making process: I bought these wheels (these actual ones) and before I fit the tyres and put them on I need to decide whether to paint them... Thinking of getting them sprayed or powdercoated anthracite / gunmetal / light grey. Thought...
  6. T

GTI Outback Photoshoot

Been neglecting the GTI recently in that I haven't taken it for a proper drive for ages. Done <1000k's in the last 4 months and mainly been washing, waxing and looking at it instead. Too many stones flying around for my liking (and too few corners to really enjoy it). Took it out for a blast...
  7. T

"Factory Twin Turbo GTI 'Pirelli'"

Haha take a look at this - http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98468 'snip' of a letter from a UK dealer? ok...
  8. T

Griffith (NSW) to Canberra - good roads?

Hi guys, been quiet on here for a while - moved from Sydney to Griffith NSW recently with work. Missed out on the last couple of GTG's that looked pretty damn good :thumbdown: Anyways, I brought my GTI out here, and apart from rolling it out of the garage for washing, and a quick spin into...
  9. T

[SYD]-RNP Road works - some areas unsealed

Hi guys, Not sure when this happened so it may not be news to anyone, but thought I'd better post it up anyway so that no-one gets caught out in a stone-chip nightmare! Heading North through the RNP having been to Shellharbour for the weekend, we came across it all of a sudden just after the...
  10. T

Powertrain loss - Rototest Research Institute

Came across this and thought it might be of interest: http://www.rototestinstitute.org Golf GTI -06 (147 kW) http://www.rototestinstitute.org/popup/performancegraphs.php?ChartsID=605 Golf R32 -06 (184 kW) http://www.rototestinstitute.org/popup/performancegraphs.php?ChartsID=631 Looks like...
  11. T

Planning 1st track day - advice please

Hi guys, Following recent ECU and suspension upgrades I'm itching to do a track day and have had a look around at a few. It's my birthday on Friday 03/04 and there's one at Wakefield on that day! Even better is that it's on offer at $125 for new-comers http://mrtperformance.com.au/ but since I...
  12. T

(SYD East) Looking for a garage to rent

Hi guys, I know this is a long shot but I'm sick of searching gumtree trying to find a home for my GTI. I'm looking to rent a garage in 2028 or 2023 - Double Bay or Bellevue Hill. If you have, or know anyone who has a garage to rent, please let me know! Thanks, Tom
  13. T

Bluefin - Can I move it from car to car?

Hi Guys, Just wondered if anyone knows if I can move my bluefin flash from one GTI to another? I'm going back to the UK for a few weeks and my cousin has a GTI - was thinking I could take it home and flash his for a bit, then take it out and put it back in mine when I return. Any ideas? Tom
  14. T

TAI / Koni FSD & Eibach ProKit / Bluefin

Hi Guys, I thought I'd do a little review of the changes I've made to my GTI in the past few weeks. It's nothing special compared to the mods some others are doing, but for those contemplating taking the plunge, it's another confirmation that it's well worth it! So I started off with a stock...
  15. T

Bluefin - installation issue - Error Code D003

Hi guys, Received my bluefin today. Installation cannot be completed because when the unit is trying to save the original ECU file an error appears on the unit and it will progress no further. ______________________________________________ -Plug unit in. -"VW/AUDI/SKODA/SEAT" -"confirm...