GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TerranceH08

1. T

08 GTI Aux cable

I know there is a billion threads on this topic, however I can never find a solution on the forums. My GTI didnt come with an AUX port but like others it has an AUX option on the radio head unit. I took apart my glove box to see if there was any sort of connector that I was hidden. No luck...
  2. T

plasti dip front emblem, radiator help.

Lets say, someone forgot to put a piece of cardboard infront of their radiator before plasti dipping their front emblem. And did a couple sprays before realizing it? Is this a major problem? DO I have to remove my grill to get rid of the plasti dip? I know plasti dip is flame resisitant up to...
  3. T

GTI or Cobalt SS, personal opinions.

I've been reading countless forums about reliability, performance and other costs/issues about the cobalt SS. Now I want personal opinions from you guys, The MKV GTI or the Cobalt SS S/C? Im going up to college and leaving my car behind, but I really want something sporty to drive and come...
  4. T

What is making this sound?

This sound has always been here, there has been no problems associated with the sound and i can only hear it at low rmps, usually in first-3rd gear strolling at low speeds. Little of backstory: it's a 2008 GTI and I bought the car with a rebuilt title, it was professionally rebuilt and...
  5. T

MKV GTI DSG symptoms

I have 77k miles on my 2008 GTI, and being the 2nd owner I do not know when the DSG tranny was serviced. At 80k miles I think im going to go get it serviced. But when I shift it into manual mode and continue to shift or down shift, it seems to be a bit slow. Not .5 of a second quick as everyone...
  6. T

No aux or ipod deck, 2008 GTI

I'm trying to locate my aux input, I dont have a dock in the armrest so I assumed it would be in the glove box. There is a spot in the glove box but there's no cable. However there is some sort of connector inside the open hole (where the aux connection should be) I assume the previous owner...
  7. T

Plasti Dip in cold weather.

Okay so I have been searching around and people have been using plasti dip for their rims in cold weather and not having many problems. However the cold weather they are doing it in is like 30-45 degrees F, right now for me it's -5 Fahrenheit. Should I wait tell spring? Im using matte black...
  8. T

mazda 3 S (NOT SPEED3)

Cruising through craiglist today and I come across this 2004 mazda 3 S hatch, I know it's not the speed 3 so it has almost 100 hp less. I think the S model only has 160 versus my GTI which has 200. Without a doubt I think my GTI is faster and has better performance, however this mazda (5speed...
  9. T

Thinking about getting a cobalt SS?

I drive a mkv black 4 door GTI dsg w/paddles. As a college student i want something reliable, and i love my GTI however I want something fun and I want a manual! I found a 2006 cobalt SS supercharged and he is interested in trading plus he will throw in 2k on his side. I know the Cobalt SS is a...
  10. T

possibly trading my mkv any tips?

Okay so i talked to a salesment at a private dealership he mentioed that he has a 2008 GTI 6 speed manual thats going to be arriving on the lot. I also have a 2008 GTI but its the DSG and i really want a manual, once the car gets there and on the website Im going to ask if he is interested in...
  11. T

Mk5 GTI cold air intake

Hello, Looking for a inexpensive but yet effective cold air intake. I do have the 2.0 T, I heard the cold air intake doesnt help with performance much due to that air is heated anyway through the turbo. But I also heard it will make your car sound awesome, which sounds cool to me! i have been...
  12. T

Need new brake pads, have questions!

So a couple days ago my "check Brake Pads" light came on so i decided to start looking for some new ones. I have the OEM pads + rotors that came stock with the car (I so believe, I bought it at 70k miles so I assume so) I heard stock rotors can be soft and should be replaced with the new brake...