GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Superfreak

1. Superfreak

HVAC companies are becoming near scammers rant

Not HVAC, but a neighbor of mine recently spent $120k on a replacement deck. Absolutely crazy. Installers will charge what customers will pay. Crazy world.
  2. Superfreak

EVs or This?

I was thinking that you could just source your own drivetrain, but it might be some extra work. It’s a kit, after all. I‘m sure there’s a way but maybe a different kit or spend more money. I remember seeing an ‘83 Mustang as a young kid in North Dakota and thinking that I liked it, not...
  3. Superfreak

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

Soooo, an STI, or a GT3 911? I know it’s not a fair comparison, but cost-wise, for me, it’s an easy choice. https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KVXYe2GM/1998-subaru-impreza-wrx-22b-sti-coupe
  4. Superfreak

EVs or This?

I love Cobras, and have always wanted one. That’s the better question, would you rather have a kit car or an EV? For a daily driver? I’d go for an EV. For a fun car? A kit car, of course. I didn’t see what trans you can get but I’m sure you could find one or build one with an automatic...
  5. Superfreak

EVs or This?

Hot rods are cool, for sure, but super impractical. They can’t brake and turn all that well, in general, and often are just for show, or maybe 1/4 mile. Strange to say it but I think I’d take an EV.
  6. Superfreak

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

Yeah I think it’s held up well, to be sure. I think it’s the headlights and tail lights, mostly, for the exterior. The interior is where I think it’s most prominent, for me. Reminds me of my wife’s old TT. Cool car but fading in my personal tastes.
  7. Superfreak

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

These are nice but they’re looking dated to me. I think it has to do with having a ‘13 Allroad and that‘s starting to look dated as well, though updated looking from the older rs4.
  8. Superfreak

Got scammed and just venting here

OK I’ll go. I had recently decided to sell my Golf R, so I listed it on Autotrader, Craigslist, and FB Marketplace. I was thinking FB would bring about the most scammers, but nope, it was Autotrader. The first of few inquiries was someone wanting to buy from out of state. They had their...
  9. Superfreak

Got scammed and just venting here

Yeah, care to share so I don’t fall for it?
  10. Superfreak

Dogs

Our lab is 75 lbs or so, which I think is a good size. We have a lot of predators (mountain lion, bobcat, and hawks) and I’ll want them to be able to help each other or my wife if ever needed. So far, so good.
  11. Superfreak

In Case Anyone Has a (Gasp) Ford

My Mk7 r did this. On the m2, the windows go down, but not up. Neither up nor down works on the Allroad and the Escape. Weird.
  12. Superfreak

Dogs

I was a bit disappointed with that aspect. I’d hoped for him to get to be maybe 70 lbs. Oh well, he’s ferocious and could help if needed, within reason. Also, he’s kind of an asshole sometimes which I attribute to the Chihuahua.
  13. Superfreak

Dogs

Congrats, @sterkrazzy! Looks a lot like our pup. Per the dna test we got on him, he’s part Staffy, Hound, German Shepherd, and Chihuahua. I was hoping for Black Mouth Cur and the adoption agency said that he was Lab/ Shepherd mix.
  14. Superfreak

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

Sorry, what’s AC?
  15. Superfreak

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

Now THAT would be a handful! There’s a pretty cool drift oriented mr2 coming from the east coast to Denver area. I’m excited to see it and hopefully drive with them.