GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Stranded in Daytona

1. Stranded in Daytona

Sold my MKV today

Well guys, The day has come where I have given up the MKV lifestyle for the foreseeable future. I have sold the 3rd mkv that I've ever owned. It was a damn good mkv, even though it was really neglected by previous owners. I put a lot of work into it over the past 1.5 years to get it...
  2. Stranded in Daytona

FS: 2 Used LPFP's

I have two used in tank lpfp's One is OEM with about 50k on it - 150$ shipped The other is ÜRO with about 5k on it - 75$ shipped Both work flawlessly. Both come with gaskets. OEM: ÜRO:
  3. Stranded in Daytona

Does anyone know the size of the bolt that holds the EVOMS intake airbox to the car?

I need this bolt badly, and I have no idea what size it is. EVOMS refuses to answer their phone or return emails.
  4. Stranded in Daytona

WTT: My TR GTI Front end for your TR Rabbit Front End (NC)

I know it's a long shot, but what the hell. I live in southeastern NC, and have a Tornado Red GTI. I would love to find someone with a Tornado Red Rabbit who would like to swap front ends with me. My Bumper has your typical flaws that come with a bumper that is 11 years old, but it's not...
  5. Stranded in Daytona

G247 Replacement DIY (Fuel Rail Pressure Valve Sensor)

Anyone have any DIY's on replacing this sensor? I am chasing a fueling issue on my car that causes me to loose boost under WOT. I've replaced: My HPFP My LPFP My Fuel Filter My HPFP Sensors My Cam Follower My FPRV I'm down to replacing the G247, and then my fuel lines. After that I have no...
  6. Stranded in Daytona

Front Passenger Seat Belt not "Locking" when braking

So, starting a few weeks ago, my front passenger seat belt has stopped locking up when I brake... resulting in my wife refusing to get into the car. This is a dilemma because we leave for Helen, GA in a few weeks haha. Is there anything I should look at to try and fix it? If not, I have...
  7. Stranded in Daytona

WTB: Upgraded HPFP/internals

Whose got something before I buy brand new? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Stranded in Daytona

WTB: OEM Bosch hpfp, or upgraded hpfp

Looking for either. PayPal ready. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Stranded in Daytona

Can anyone help me convert a data log into a graph?

Hey guys, I did some data logs to try and pin point my issue with boost/fueling. Looks like my HPFP is just worn out. But if someone could help me out and turn these into a graph, I would be most appreciative. Some other people with similar issues were interested in what I found. let me...
  10. Stranded in Daytona

Ebay Reverse Camera Review

So, I bought one of those 12$ ebay reverse camera kits... the one that replaces one of your license plate lights. Thanks to Bryan06GTI for his awesome write up on how to do this install. You can find it here if you need it: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145045 I did a few...
  11. Stranded in Daytona

WTB: Rev D Diverter Valve

Anyone have one laying around they'd like to get rid of? Pierburg or OEM
  12. Stranded in Daytona

Swapping oem exhaust manifold

So, in my 10 years of owning a mkv, I've never seen this done once. I searched for hours for a few nights in a row and didn't see anything about it. Basically, my oem fsi ko3s hot side (exhaust manifold) was defective resulting in bad cracking (see pictures). This led to boost loss issues...
  13. Stranded in Daytona

Can you swap the hotside of an OEM K03?

So, my hotside on my turbo has a 5" long crack giving me serious boost leak issues. Is it possible to just swap the hotside? Or am I going to have to buy a new turbo? It looks like they come apart, and my shop has some spare manifolds/hot sides... I just want to make sure this is...
  14. Stranded in Daytona

Cracked K03 housing

I was having boost leak issues, and my shop found that my cold side had a 5" crack in the cast. Luckily they have a spare manifold laying around so we are gonna swap them out. Just sucks :( Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Stranded in Daytona

Dear Stylist07...

Are you still making led boards? If so, I would like to talk to you... BTW, I was unable to PM you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk