GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SnailPower

1. SnailPower

Why I sold my Tesla Model 3 Performance & went back to gas

Hey, let me grasp at anything I can. I'm not saying Jersey is in anyway the best state in the country. In fact, I'm not sure if it's still the highest state of folks leaving, but I think I had a valid reason as to why I might find sitting/standing around for 10+ minutes as a nuisance. Though...
  2. SnailPower

Nah man, that sounds like a, feel better about the situation scenario. I don't want to watch netflixs or go shopping while it's charging. I want to plug in, be full in like 2 minutes, and continue on my way. Perhaps since I'm in Jersey and don't even need to leave my car for gas, it makes it all...
  3. SnailPower

Anyone else feel that waiting for 20-30minutes for a charge is terrible or am I in the minority and hating too hard? Obviously not at home, but when you're out on the road. I had a conversation once with a friend about whether to pay tolls to get from point A to B quickly or use the option to...
  4. SnailPower

Best Chicken Sandwich?

I haven't gone back for chicken sandwiches in a bit. Especially from Popeyes who used to be my favorite and I went often in the past. Since they've increased their price a whole dollar and the sandwich size shrank (as to be expected now), this has made me salty enough to skip it altogether. I...
  5. SnailPower

Are these Regular - Super Price hikes Legal?

This Shell gas station is 5 minutes from me... Also, if I send it to a news outlet, you think they'll give a sh!t to report it? Wondering if it is as bad as others. In comparison, I re-fueled yesterday at a BP 2 towns away and it was 5.79 for Super while their regular was 4.79.
  6. SnailPower

Greatest Face Palm Stories of All Time

Ah. At least you would expect something out the exhaust, lol. Mine would look like when you open up your BBQ grill lid after it's been cooking for awhile and all that smoke billows out. As soon as light turned green I would floor it. Leave that smoke in the dust! :ROFLMAO:
  7. SnailPower

So this is probably what was wrong with a 1992 Ford Tempo that was my first car. Whenever I was at a stop light, smoke would start coming out from under the hood. I was too young and had no money (nor my parents) to car about trying to find what was wrong to fix it. It was super embarrassing but...
  8. SnailPower

I was driving my first manual car I owned. Was a 2000 Toyota Yeah my story with the book story, I probably can't emphasize enough without someone being there to know how far away it actually rolled to share my scare. Like I literally walk out and do some head turns left and right but not ALL...
  9. SnailPower

This one not car related. In my younger years I was out with a buddy at a nearby bar that would get nuts on Tuesday because they allowed girls under 21 to get in but not drink. Had the club vibes but too small and not as cool to be considered a club. They had the girls that would walk around...
  10. SnailPower

Same dude. It's a habit to give it a jiggle. Enough starting in 1st gear w/o clutch in lunges to give me a heart attack. To just give a jiggle to save that. I'm getting older man, those types of scares are taking years off my life.
  11. SnailPower

To add to this thread. My buddy picked up a new set of tires/rims for his 1999 Jeep Cherokee earlier this week. His driveway is super steep (imagine you're driving up to heaven when you go the driveway) and he lives on a very busy road. He text me earlier that as he accelerated up the driveway...
  12. SnailPower

I still always park in 1st gear and pull the e-brake up. This car was suuuuuuper quiet stock to the point I stalled out plenty throwing it in first gear and not realizing if the car was still on or not. It was so annoying. I got into the habit of completing reducing radio volume and like...
  13. SnailPower

Damn that sucks. I would probably be pissed too lol. Though I'm not familiar with that many people rocking auto starts in a manual. I know it can be done but it's not as popular. I know you said you couldn't help him out, so what did he do? Just drive it away bust up? lol
  14. SnailPower

Wasn't that the exact reason Toyota had a massive recall in early 2000s? Their OEM floor mats were catching the gas pedal and causing people to accelerate to their doom apparently? Just reminded me of that recall, was all over the news when it was a thing. I think that caused most manufacturers...
  15. SnailPower

Updated thread title so it is no longer things you may have done to your car or car specific related. A buddy of mine went to home depot with his pickup truck and picked up loads of 4x4s. He apparently didn't secure them down and just left them in the bed and took off. He went on the highway to...