GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Recent content by smanierre

1. smanierre

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Just got my second stamp back yesterday for the SBR portion of my new toy. Took 28 days on an e-file form 1. Slowly accruing the rest of the parts needed. Just need upper, barrel, suppressor mounting things, and a lower parts kit. Hopefully have it done in the next month or so, then stocking up...
  2. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

I don't have any temp monitoring on my desktop (oops) but I do on my laptop. Highest i've seen it go was ~60C, but then the fan starts sounding like a plane ready for take-off. Usually i'm at 35-40C when just browsing or coding.
  3. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

On the rare occasions I use my computer for gaming and I open the door to leave the room, I realize how much heat it puts out.
  4. smanierre

Just because I hate how much the term has been misused, 99% of the people (probably more) in this country don't own assault rifles. I agree with everything you said there, just hate when people call semi-autos assault rifles, or worse assault weapons, just because of how they look.
  5. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

I love my pi. Makes a good little makeshift NAS/torrent box. Also have it hooked up to my tv and just remote into it anytime I want to watch a movie. It's led to me finding the homelab subreddit and now I eventually plan on having a whole rack in my basement.
  6. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

Damn that looks clean
  7. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

Might be slightly off topic here but anyone use Arch linux? Getting a new thinkpad in tomorrow or Friday and i'm thinking of going with Arch, but having trouble on deciding on a desktop environment/window manager to go with.
  8. smanierre

I like the suppressor height sights and the common thread size on the barrel, but in addition to being more expensive, i'd then have to spend more money on a trigger to get that on par with the Canik, and I think i'd rather have another 1500-2000 rounds of ammo than those out of the box.
  9. smanierre

Anyone have any experience with Canik pistols? I'm debating a TP9SF Elite Combat or a FN509 Tactical for my next one. I've heard the trigger is a bit better on the Canik, but I also like the mag sizes on the 509
  10. smanierre

My brother has a P320 and that thing is pretty nice to shoot. Also the whole modularity thing is nice, being able to switch out frames and such.
  11. smanierre

I really hate how they look, even the more modern ones. In the US parts are much more readily available for the AR platform, and I feel the ar platform is just so much more tune-able to be able to shoot quickly and accurately. If we were somewhere else, mainly the middle east or eastern Europe...
  12. smanierre

Not gonna lie... I fucking hate AKs. Also your location says chicago... Do you just have it set there but don't live there? I thought they were pretty strict on the laws
  13. smanierre

Submitted my eForm 1 for the SBR portion of my AR9 build. Going to mail in my prints on monday and hope they are good enough for the atf since I did them myself
  14. smanierre

Woulda been nice if you got in that string of quick approvals but I think those are done because people realized the ATF was being extra shitty.
  15. smanierre

Pending was 4/01, approval was 12/06 so it was 249 days from cashed to approved. Also got a call from the dealer yesterday that the stamp was in so i'm stopping by after work to grab it.