GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Slipstream

1. Slipstream

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

India's headed for a world of hurt, unfortunately. The curve is almost straight up, and while heavily rural, even their rural populations are super dense.
  2. Slipstream

Searching post history not returning all results?

I'm sifting through old posts to find details about wheel/tire setups, but every time I try to find a user's history I only get a small subset of posts. I'm clicking into a user's profile, then on the Messages count. Am I doing this wrong or does search not work correctly? (My profile is...
  3. Slipstream

Pictures of you dog(s)

Our two guys on a quick walk yesterday:
  4. Slipstream

FS: 2009 GTI 6-speed, 2-door, UG, 95k mi

*SOLD!*SOLD!*SOLD!* Putting up my 6-speed United Grey 2-door, plaid cloth seats, moon roof GTI for sale. I'm the second owner, bought w/ 89k mi a year ago (94k now). Original owner was a non-enthusiast in Dallas, so this car has seen almost no winter driving. Selling because I may need four...
  5. Slipstream

245/35/18 or a wide 225/40/18?

Need some guidance from the experts; I finally snagged some smaller, lightweight 18s (18x8, et45) and can't decide on tire widths. My use of these will be 80% street / DD, and probably 5-6 auto-x during the next year... Maybe more if I really get into it. Track days are unlikely until I have...
  6. Slipstream

245/35/18s: Who has 'em?

I'm working on shifting from 19s to 18s and I want to pack on a meatier tire in the process. I've been running 235/35/19s for the past 3.5 years with no rubbing issues (dropped 1.5"). I've had 225s on 18s in the past and always thought they looked a tad narrow on anything larger than a 7.5"...
  7. Slipstream

FS: 19x8 et50 BBS CH w/ KDW2s

Found a set of smaller, lighter, forged wheels I'd consider picking up... Need to sell these to make it happen. The wheels are 19x8, et50 in BBS's "Bright Silver." Wheels are in excellent shape, with one pencil-eraser-sized nick in a lip. Tires are 235/35/ZR19 BFG KDW2s with at least 50%...
  8. Slipstream

Feeler WTT: 19x8 BBS CH + KDW2s for 18" forged light-weights.

Just testing the waters to see what's out there... I'm thinking about going a slightly different direction with the Rabbit and the CHs are too big for what I want to do (auto-x). The wheels are 19x8, et50 in BBS's "Bright Silver." Wheels are in excellent shape, with one pencil-eraser-sized...
  9. Slipstream

19s: too big for auto-x?

So I'm really thinking about diving into auto-x next season after going out to a few events and talking to some people about the sport. Right now my Rabbit is set up on 19x8 BBS CHs with pretty wide 235s; obviously the size is way overkill for a Rabbit. I also have a tendency to rub a bit...
  10. Slipstream

Good vs. Evil

So a friend and I took advantage of one of the last nice days this year before cold weather sets in. Some of my favorites: Whole album is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/slipstream20v/sets/72157622424617191/
  11. Slipstream

Just a few of the Rabbit all cleaned up...

Snapped a few around town before a group shoot later in the day. And of course, they can all be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/slipstream20v The group shoot we did is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/slipstream20v/sets/72157618986920596/
  12. Slipstream

Best Buy gift cards ($195 worth!)

So I have three Best Buy gift cards that were given to me for the purposes of buying a digital camera. I ended up buying it at a local photography store (better deal, better service) and I really don't have anything to spend them on at BB. I could also use the money towards paying for the camera...
  13. Slipstream

Few new shots of the Rabbit with a new camera.

The girlfriend just picked up a new DSLR and we opted to use the bunny as a test subject. We've always had point-and-shoots... this thing is SWEET. :biggrin: I'll be picking mine up next month. Here is what we came up with on the first run, we need to take some classes or something.
  14. Slipstream

Are coilovers unnecessary for me?

I know this question gets asked a million times a day, but I can't come up with a concrete decision based on my situation. Here's the rundown: -Drive 5 mi round trip to work on downtown streets (which are complete garbage). -Snowy, salty, dirty climate for 4-5 months of the year. -Live in a...
  15. Slipstream

Just a quickie photoshoot from last weekend.

I need a better camera, and some more mods, but it's what I had available at the time. Gotta love Nebraska's incredible scenery. :biggrin: