GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SCXR

1. S

BSH True Seal Intake Review

I had this intake installed a couple of days ago. My initial thoughts: Build quality: Excellent with one exception. There were metal shavings left inside the intake where the MAF is located. Not a big deal but they shouldn't be present. Sound: For me, it's nearly perfect. Gives it a...
  2. S

Do your tires sound like this when launching

My tires make way too much noise for my taste. Do your tires sound like this when launching from a stop? Does the wheel spin seem excessive with a stage 1 tune? i don't want to invest in new tires right now if this is normal. http://members.cox.net/scxr5/2007%20GTI%20Launch.mov
  3. S

MKV GTI is just like a Beetle

My niece and her boy friend are visiting from Wisconsin so I went over to my brothers house to visit with them. Everyone seemed to really dislike my car. My niece's boy friend said it's just like a VW Beetle. I just said, "You don't know anything about cars, do you?" He didn't even answer me...
  4. S

2007 GTI Stage 1 vs New Evo

I've only had my GTI for about 6 weeks. I'm still amazed at the performance of this car as is everyone I take for a ride. The only mods I have is a Revo Stage 1 tune and a Carbonio intake. During lunch today, this guy in a new Evo is behind me. He floors it and goes flying by me. We met...