GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RedLine GTI

1. RedLine GTI

Flash floods and water in foot well of passenger side.

Had flash floods in NOLA and apparently the took water in on the passenger side. Noticed it today when I went for a drive. Car ran just fine but has a terrible smell and water pooled inside the footwell. What do you think the best option going forward. Water level was higher than what the...
  2. RedLine GTI

Battery question

Quick question to help my with my bros car. Sorry my mk5 had the longer warranty but anyone know the length of mk6 golf for the battery warranty...end at 32 k 36 months? Or last longer
  3. RedLine GTI

Trade in without cat?

Just wondering what peoples experiences are when trying to trade in car when they are running catless dp. Do they give you a hard time or try to tell your car is worth less? When I moved I didn't bring my stock dp because I didn't have space for it.
  4. RedLine GTI

Bad roads...suspension reccomdations

Have a question about suspension...so the biggest problem that i have to deal with are the roads of New Orleans. I have been riding stock on 4x4s and the roads are so bad that I have no question that im not looking to go lower. If you have ever driven on the roads here and can understand how...
  5. RedLine GTI

Cel 456 gas cap question

So I was driving the other day and my gas cap sensor light came on about 3 minutes before I was going to park. Didn't think anything of it. Started the car up later and got a Cel 456. So I searched the code and found EVAP Small Leak which deals with the purge valve. So I guess the weird...
  6. RedLine GTI

Moving to New Orleans

So picking up and moving out to New Orleans. Don't know anyone really out there and seeing if anyone meets up out around town. Also if anyone knows anyone looking to rent out a room or anything
  7. RedLine GTI

CEL 2196 exhaust fix

Let me just kinda say what happened first and then my question. So I added a 42dd o2 spacer to my dp and cleared my codes and no problems about 2 weeks ago. Today driving code 2196 popped up which means either my front o2 sensor is bad or exhaust leak. I'm thinking right now that either there...
  8. RedLine GTI

USB connection to premium radio 7

Just wondering if this is possible with the premium radio 7...6 disc changer and sat radio....and if anyone has tried it http://www.amazon.com/Newest-interface-Adapter-Volkswagen-Touareg/dp/B004I9CXHW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383067652&sr=8-2&keywords=Gti+iPod
  9. RedLine GTI

Sunscreen

Has anybody tried this? Wanted a sunscreen and found this...wonder what they thought about it. http://allvw.co.uk/item/300937818884/US
  10. RedLine GTI

Engine dying

So my buddies brother just bought a 08 passat and he thinks its a FSI...well I guess he was a cheap ass and put reg gas in it. the car started to die and intermittently would turn off. He took it back to the dealer (KIA) :barf: and they drained the gas and put premium back in it and said it...
  11. RedLine GTI

downpipe cel

Does anyone know how long after installing a downpipe would you normally get a cel (without stage 2)? Is it instantly or does it take a while?
  12. RedLine GTI

Halo 4

halo 4 comes out tonight...whos getting it?
  13. RedLine GTI

custom exhaust

So have to ask what custom exhaust people may have heard or recommend. i know most people get a off the shelf exhaust because they don't want the drone that you may get with a custom exhaust. Found that most custom exhaust people just have straight 3inch back. Pricing should be cheaper going...
  14. RedLine GTI

St coilovers pics

Looking to get st coilovers just wondering if any that has set can post up a picture and say how far they are down also. Overall reviews from what i heard are good for the price but wanted to see the ride height and setttings so i know how low i want to be. Tried searching but when you search...
  15. RedLine GTI

engine nosies

So I was driving today and started get a sqeal from idle to about 1500rpm...doesn't sound like sny belts and when removing the dip stick it stops...sound like a cam follower or something else. Oil was a little low but added some more but its still doing it. Any ideas?