GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by R1600Turbo

1. R

FS: Random MK5/6 parts need gone ASAP

Sold the car a couple months ago and recently vacated the garage at my apartment complex so this stuff I had laying around needs to go. Prices include shipping within the continental 48 states. Used OEM MK5 coil packs - working fine when I removed them, only replaced for preventive measures...
  2. R

Valvetrain like clatter noise - P2015 Intake Mani problem?

As said in another thread, my car threw the P2015 code a week ago while on a road trip which is for the intake manifold issue on the TSi engine. My car already had it replaced at 35k, and now at 75k it's getting replaced again. I have an appointment on Monday and it will be covered under the...
  3. R

FS: NEW H&R Super Sport Springs & Bilstein Shocks

FS: NEW H&R Super Sport Springs I bought these a few months ago and haven't gotten around to putting them on the car. They are all brand new, I haven't even removed them from their original shipping box. According to ECS tuning the springs will fit all MK5 & MK6 models. I bought the H&R...
  4. R

FS: MK6 3Dr MT H&R Super Sport Springs

Currently sorting out the suspension setup on my MK5 GTi and have decided to go with a different set of springs. So, I don't need these ones anymore. Brand new, purchased from ECS Tuning a couple months ago. The box hasn't even been opened. They are essentially for an MK6 3-door with manual...
  5. R

Anyone have wiring issues with turn signals?

The indicator on my passenger side mirror hasn't worked since I purchased the car over a year ago. Finally got around to replacing it this weekend and the new one doesn't work either. So I assume I have a wiring issue. Aside from replacing the whole door harness, anyone have this issue before...
  6. R

Airbag light - Dealer says steering wheel bag needs replaced

But I'm not paying $900 + labor for them to fix it. Any chance I can take it out, unplug it, then plug it back in and have the code cleared to see if it goes away? Does the under seat airbag wire TSB include 2009 models?
  7. R

FS: 18" Huffs with curb rash

Just downsized to 17's and don't need these laying around. Each of them has curb rash or some other finish defect. The wheels are straight though and work just fine. Located in Casa Grande, AZ. I can ship at buyers expense. Asking $200obo + shipping 20151010_160213 by Jason Miller, on Flickr...
  8. R

WTB: OEM GTi mud flaps/splash guards

Front & Rear set, in good condition with no major defects. As seen in photo below. :thumbup:
  9. R

Getting ready to pull the trigger, help me to not screw it up

Hey guys, so getting ready to purchase some parts and want to make sure I have my 'ducks in a row' before I start purchasing things and end up getting stuff that won't work. I also have some fitment questions on wheels/tires. So for suspension, I want to go MK6 driver gear springs + MK6...
  10. R

WTB Mk6 OEM Struts low mileage PHX AZ

Anyone have a set for sale? I can pick up. Prefer mileage under 10k if possible. 3-Door if it matters. Thanks
  11. R

Anyone in Phoenix with VAGCOM?

Want to scan my car this weekend. Random misfires, hesitation, keeps throwing a light for Cooling System Malfunction. Already replaced the temp sensor, didn't fix the issue. I figure it's the thermostat, but the temp gauge reads normal and it warms up just fine. Want to see what else is hiding...
  12. R

WTT: 18" Huffs for 17" GLI wheels (see photo)

Not sure what they are called but looking for a set of these wheels (they are 17" right?) with tires in good or better condition (just have to get me to work for a week or two, then buying new tires): Up for trade are my stock 18" Huffs from my 2009 GTi. Car has 61k miles on it, the wheels...
  13. R

Light throttle hesitation, no CEL

'09 TSI, 61k miles Having issues with light throttle hesitation, normal acceleration (out of boost). Not throwing a CEL at the moment. I had an issue with misfires a couple months ago that threw a light for the coolant temp sensor, which has since been replaced along with the coil packs. No...
  14. R

P2181 CEL + Misfire

First, the stats: '09 GTi / 6MT / 57k miles A couple months ago I noticed the car started bogging down or misfiring between 2500-3000 rpm, right at the top of my rev before I shift to the next gear. Never threw a CEL and having just replaced the plugs I thought that maybe I didn't press the...
  15. R

MkV w/Driver Gear springs + Mk6 top hats & struts

Anyone have this combo or something similar to it? Want to get this done with my tax return early next year. Car is a daily driver and I have a long commute on some fairly poor roads, so not looking to go all out. Coilovers would be nice but I just wouldn't use them to their full advantage so...