GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pudding's latest activity

• P
    So that's all you need to do to the chain cover. Drill it out to 33mm! If I knew that in advance...... The only thing I didn't like...
  • P
    Pudding replied to the thread DSG fluid change yes or no?.
    That's like asking if it's a bad idea to give up smoking after doing it for 30 years. Yes, change it asap, it's waaaaaaay over schedule...
  • P
    The missing tooth is the 'synchronisation gap' sir. The ECU uses that gap as a zero point (or 0 degrees) and then counts the teeth from...
  • P
    Yeah that's one way around the problem. It adds quite a bit of time in labour and expensive cam girdle sealant though! The trick is to...
  • P
    Well that is one negative of such a hard material, it's not as ductile as steel. The HPFP piston dances around something chronic at...
  • P
    Pudding replied to the thread Timing Belt Question.
    Replace everything that lives behind the cambelt covers - 1 x belt, 1 x tensioner pulley, 2 x idler pullies, 2 x bolts, 1 x nut, 1 x...
  • P
    You have my sympathy because it's an easy job and the parts are cheap. 4 hours book time. $1500 is extortion. If you're in for that...
  • P
    Pudding replied to the thread Requests VS Actual Boost logs.
    Yeah rpm would be useful, as would throttle position, so that we can see how quickly the turbo responds to the target. Boost targets...
  • P
    Was that a typo? $1500 for a cambelt and water pump refresh o_O I don't know about the rest of the world but in the UK, dealers charge...
  • P
    The engine will still start and run just fine with a dead crank sensor, because it substitutes G28 with G40 (cam sensor) to...
  • P
    Pudding replied to the thread whats your MAF input..
    Edition 30 (K04) Revo Stage 1 - B7, T5, F8 on 99 octane pump gas (US equiv' = 94) 245g/s @ 6300rpm in 4th gear @ sea level. 0.3% LTFT...