GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by PhthaloType

1. PhthaloType

Let's see your PC's

After a semi-regular cleaning
  2. PhthaloType

World Rally Championship

Starting up again in September by making Estonia a full-blown WRC event! https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2020/wrc/newcomer-estonia-hosts-2020-wrc-restart-in-september/
  3. PhthaloType

World Rally Championship

Any other WRC fans around? Of everything the pandemic has affected, I'm probably the most bummed about the 2020 season being a wash. With all the team moves and return to some classic venues, it was shaping up to be awesome :(
  4. PhthaloType

What do you miss from your previous car?

I always loved those 90s Celicas. My dad had a '91 when I was younger. Super Red II, looked amazing, and was a lot of fun to ride in (assuming you weren't in the back). That was also at the peak of Toyota reliability and ease of maintenance. If I had the time and money to take it on as a...
  5. PhthaloType

What do you miss from your previous car?

I didn't care much for my 2012 Passat, but the one thing I miss is climatronic. It was the best A/C system I've ever had in a car. Our recent Nissans have also had dual-zone automatic climate control, but it's not as good. VW's was the only one I've experienced that's truly "set it and forget it."
  6. PhthaloType

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

I'm too old. Everything these days is plastidip or wrap. Nobody paints anything anymore (shakes fist at cloud)
  7. PhthaloType

Ha, it took me a minute to notice the painted steelies
  8. PhthaloType

"Price firm, I know what I have"
  9. PhthaloType

My version of this would be the heater core, and sharpie-out the red section of the temperature dial.
  10. PhthaloType

What was your first car?

1997 Nissan Maxima GXE
  11. PhthaloType

Loaded question..What does your screen name mean?

Phthalo blue is a paint color with pigment based on the compound phthalocyanine (there's also a phthalo green). It's all pronounced "thay-lo." As a young artist in high school I adopted Phthalo Blue as a screen name, because it was based in my interests and it was an uncommon and interesting...