GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by petsy

1. P

H&R 8mm hubcentric spacers

At the moment I'm running H&R 10mm hubcentric spacers all round on my Mk5 golf gti. Unfortunately I get the occasional catching/rubbing on one front and one rear wheel. I have the standard 18" Monza rims with the standard 225/40/18 tyres and have done the front arch mod for clearance. The car is...
  2. P

Seems these version D DVs are not bulletproof

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=210687.0
  3. P

Do you guys using NGK BKR7EIX plugs gap them?

I use mine out of the box but have been told that it's better to gap them to 0.028" with our remapped cars. Anyone care to give their views on this?
  4. P

Is it necessary to use low viscosity brake fluid in a Mk5 GTi?

At the moment I have Ate super blue racing fluid in my GTi and don't track my car When speaking with a well respected tech, he says that although the fluid I'm using meets the VW brake fluid standard, it is not low viscosity and can be bad for my ABS system i.e. can lead to ABS modulator...
  5. P

Is it necessary to do a TBA post battery disconnection/reconnection?

Just had to disconnect then reconnect my battery. Is it advisable to do a Throttle Body Alignment? http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/throttlebody.html
  6. P

ESP, off or on when going to dyno?

Does anyone know if having ESP on when going to dyno the car has an impact on the results?
  7. P

How do I fix this on the MFD?

Had to disconnect my battery today now that everything is sorted, where I used to see MPG in the display, I'm now seeing engine on uptime (the 1h 11min readout above the temperature). Can't really see any option to change this back in the settings menu. Help...
  8. P

To those with all 3 VF mounts...

How much extra vibration do you get in the cabin and does the vibration ease off after a while? Will my wife complain or will she even notice if I change the mounts?
  9. P

To those with the newer Eurojet pcv fix....

I supposedly have the latest version that has smaller hoses that allow you to use the stock airbox. My issue is that the air box now doesn't sit completely flat with the fix installed. The airbox is noticably raised a little at its front right side (when looking at the engine) regardless of how...