GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Nitrous1024

1. N

Smoke at idle

Getting the updated rear PCV with the one-way check valve resolved that issue for me in terms of the diaphagm for the front one repetedly breaking.
  2. N

Smoke at idle

I still suggest installing the OEM PCV. The front PCV works when idling, and the rear one works when under boost. Your valve stem seals can fail at any point after 2 years, so I'd do the easier option first by re-fitting the OEM front-PCV. Have you done any compression testing recently?
  3. N

Upgrading your Cluster? Get MK6 Look

This is the steering wheel install
  4. N

Upgrading your Cluster? Get MK6 Look

I swapped a MK6 Golf R cluster in my MK5 GTI. I like the look. I had to use a 2012 Jetta face plate to make it fit. I then did the MK6 GTI steering wheel swap months later.
  5. N

Eurodyne Maestro 7 tuning thread

Are you saying that someone could flash the Edition 30 file to a K03 GTI, and the ECU is NOT bricked? If so, I'd be curious to try getting a hold of the Edition 30 Eurodyne file to import the individual tables in my GTI with F23T and S3 injectors
  6. N

Volkswagen trying to shut down <my-gti.com> site?

On December 2020, I'm unable to access the site for any of the useful information I had previously bookmarked. Can anyone shed any light on the current ruling for the site?
  7. N

ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

DQ500??? It sounds like someone just broke the bank. How difficult was the wiring job?
  8. N

How did you accomplish this? Was it an EEPROM edit? What's so special about an AWD variant of the ECU if the engine itself is still the same?
  9. N

Since the fault codes aren't recorded the actual redline RPM, is it a case where the mechanical stiffness of the spring needs to be checked as it isn't reacting fast enough (similar to valve float)?
  10. N

Remember to keep your 12V battery charged, or jump-started before flashing (so nothing goes wrong). Your ECU switches off below 12.5V in "some" cases.
  11. N

To get this, it is important to select the option to "license your vehicle on Maestro", and not the option that is listed. This will ensure you get ALL files for your car, and not just the 2 default basemaps. I learned this the hard way and had to buy 8 credits twice (to get Maestro the second...
  12. N

No. It isn't one of the steps to flashing. This would only be used in the very ODD case that Eurodyne doesn't have a file for YOUR "box code" (or ECU part number).
  13. N

Yes, you can simply overwrite your existing GIAC tune with a Eurodyne basemap without issues. However, do not READ your GIAC map, and send it to Eurodyne (like you would do with a stock ECU). This would result in them making changes on top of the GIAC map resulting in possible engine damage...
  14. N

Please explain spark plug gap vs. tune

Lets all agree to keep the stock gap is using the Audi R8 coilpacks.