GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Nineeightyone

1. Nineeightyone

CSB3: Why The Volkswagen GTI's Electric Transformation Is Ruffling Purists' Feathers

Bummer :( you got riceburnered. But yeah, hopefully your grandma is rad and you can both take the time to enrich each other's lives. Or if nothing else, it'll help you save some money.
  2. Nineeightyone

CSB3: Why The Volkswagen GTI's Electric Transformation Is Ruffling Purists' Feathers

The trend over here is that most people seem to wait until Thursday or Friday to submit tickets for shit that's been going on for weeks (yes, plural). It's the most rude shit. Like, make that shit a Monday problem, so I can have parts by Tuesday, fix it by Wednesday, and keep the ticket open...
  3. Nineeightyone

Hopefully she's alright :( My grandparents have all passed now, and while I did spend a fair amount of time with them, you always wish it was more.
  4. Nineeightyone

yes BUT then you could A) bring me Chick'n and B) get those binders, and C) get some yocco's to bring back ;) really though I'm hoping to take another trip out that way for Chick'n, I'll hit you up when plans are more solidified. Also still hoping to make plans for the NECSBG2G but there's...
  5. Nineeightyone

not sure if it's worse that people don't understand how cloud storage works and still want to use shared local storage, OR if it's worse that people don't know that cloud storage is a thing, and don't take advantage of it to keep documents protected in the event of a local hardware failure...
  6. Nineeightyone

I continue to be surprised by people in my age range that are absolutely clueless with regard to tech, and being able to utilize it/manage it effectively. Even basic stuff, like having a couple streaming services available on a smart TV. For a sports bar, you'd think you'd have all the big...
  7. Nineeightyone

bdubs for the win(gs) #1, ex-cuse-me? #2, also clearly not an NA 2.0 :LOL: my 8v needed spun to 7200rpm just to get on the highway. RIP, what a slow & fun car
  8. Nineeightyone

Yaaaaaaaas do it haha we're gonna hit up white castle after as is tradition. I forget who else is nearby, @19birel and @Ezekiel81923 are you guys in at all? Cars & Coffee @ Steel Stacks 4/21 (it's a Sunday)
  9. Nineeightyone

our cat can be hyper annoying out of nowhere, sometimes I meow back at her until she stops. But failing that, the solution is to pick her up and walk around the house with her, because she's not the biggest fan but at that point is getting the attention she so desperately wants. re: fights, I...
  10. Nineeightyone

guy at work is super into UFC and is a massive dweeb. Very 'might makes right' attitude, and it's offputting AF. Luckily he's looking for another job, and so I don't have to hear his narrow-assed worldview shit at 7AM.
  11. Nineeightyone

That's a good question -- I just know it's by the big structures, I had posted a photo with them in the background but no clue where it is at the moment. Either way, I know it's off to the left when you pull into the main complex thing. We borrowed the car from a friend, if you make friends...
  12. Nineeightyone

We'll have to see if we can make it over that way -- I'm not sure what our plans for the day involve, but I know we're gonna be heading out eeeeeeeeeearly because despite the show opening at like 9AM, people get there at like 7AM to get good spots.
  13. Nineeightyone

Even R logos on GTI PP red brakes isn't so bad. PS rallycross kicks so much ass. First weekend 'off' I've had in a while, and so it was nice to not feel pressure to be competitive/win. I still have my low opinion of subarus, but flinging a 95 legacy 1.8 around in the dirt was a hilariously good...
  14. Nineeightyone

I get that it's about the look for some people, but damn. Paint's cheap, just paint the calipers. Most people aren't going to judge you for regular brakes, and anyone who will is going to judge you way harder for the plastic covers. I may or may not judge people on tire choice :whistle...
  15. Nineeightyone

I saw a set of Audi branded ones on somebody's A6(?) at work. The irony is, if the brakes were any good I'm fairly convinced the plastic covers would've melted/deformed by now.