GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by nicholasn

1. nicholasn

Sold

Car is no longer available.
  2. nicholasn

Sold

I am selling my 2009 GTI. It has a 2.0T TSI engine, six speed manual transmission, and plaid interior. Engine pulls strong, transmission shifts pretty easily, and the car is in decent shape overall. I bought this car locally in April of 2019 at about 187k miles. It was my daily driver until a...
  3. nicholasn

TSI Intake Manifold Removal DIY + Valve Cleaning

Not working for me either. I just did this project recently, didn't take many pics, but if you have any questions just let me know.
  4. nicholasn

Changing out FSI timing chain.....loaner tools

FSI or TSI? FSIs have timing belts if I understand correctly. I have everything needed for the TSI chain replacement, but I'm not sure if the tools are the same for TSIs and FSIs (mine is a TSI with the timing chain). I'm here in the Raleigh area, shoot me a pm if you're interested or have any...
  5. nicholasn

Hello fellow North Carolinian. I'm from the Raleigh area but go to UNC Charlotte. Always nice...

Hello fellow North Carolinian. I'm from the Raleigh area but go to UNC Charlotte. Always nice to find other local users on here.
  6. nicholasn

Post up your mileage!

I currently have just under 206,000 miles on my 2009 GTI. I bought it a little over a year ago with 187k on the odometer. It's mostly stock, with the only notable exception being a Stage 1 clutch.
  7. nicholasn

Lots of vibration at idle

Thought I'd update. I replaced the PCV valve, timing chains, and some other things not too long after I bought it, but none of those fixed the vibration. In November, the clutch release bearing failed, which led to a clutch replacement. Ended up figuring out that the flywheel (stock...
  8. nicholasn

How much worse is your winter MPG?

Pretty mild winter here in NC. Since I bought it, I've seen 33-36 mpg at a 60 mph cruise when driving moderately. However, I've gotten some of its main issues sorted out, and I have been driving it harder lately. Fuel economy has suffered a bit (only getting 25-28 mpg) but it's a lot more...
  9. nicholasn

Clutch Replacement: Lessons Learned

How did you get the flywheel off? I've gotten to this point, but can't get to the bolts to remove the flywheel due to the openings being slightly off center from the bolts.
  10. nicholasn

Coolant leaks... yes i know what else is new

The link isn't letting me in (it says I need to request permission), but have you checked coolant hoses and fittings? I have not had any coolant leaks in my GTI, but every leak I've ever encountered in other people's cars was some sort of hose or connection with a hose.
  11. nicholasn

Possible clutch or flywheel issue?

Hey everyone, I have a 2009 GTI 6MT. I bought it in April, and while I haven't had any major issues with it, it has always run a little rough. Lots of noticeable engine vibration (whether the clutch is engaged or disengaged), and while the clutch feels fine when simply pushing the pedal in...
  12. nicholasn

Lots of vibration at idle

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 2009 GTI 2.0T TSI. I've put a few hundred miles on it in my ownership, and while everything is physically running fine and I love driving it, there is quite a bit of vibration at idle, especially once everything is warmed up (it's not as bad when the engine...