GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by nav922

1. N

Knocking/chatter sound low revs

Morning, I have a mk5 gti with dsg box, in drive or reverse when i release the brake there is a knocking sound and the sound goes away straight away when i give it gas or brake. thank you
  2. N

Engine not running on first attempt to start...

Im considering doing a intake carbon clean and inject test and clean - could this be the cause of the cold start issue? as in it stumbles into life. I have heard 2 other people got carbon clean done and this rectified their issue
  3. N

HELP! Cold start struggle

02.11.2021 Iv owned my mk5 gti for just over a year now. It struggles to start when the cars been sat overnight, basically coughs,splutters' into life if that makes sense. Usually worse when its cold. Once the cars started its totally fine and cant seem to find the issue. the first time i start...
  4. N

Halogen to Xenons

Sounds like a big job, so if i bought xenons from a gti that had them from factory, what else would i need to get it working ? is there a seperate control module ? Iv seen some on ebay from people who are breaking gti's
  5. N

Halogen to Xenons

Afternoon, I currently own a Golf GTI 2007 that came with the standard halogen headlights and i want to know if i can change these for xenons. Whats included and would they need coding. I am from the uk and the car is RHD, im wondering would these lights off ebay be sufficient or what is the...
  6. N

Blower motor stopped working.

Unfortunately not no, didn’t make sense as it was getting voltage
  7. N

UPDATE Took the car to garage on friday, they had to pull dash apart and found a loose connector? All fully working now - thanks for the information
  8. N

Do you think the fan control module is the problem then? I don’t know where to go from here.
  9. N

Iv replaced the climate control module yes. bought used fan and that came with a genuine fan control module aswell , part number for fan and module was: , 1K2820015E, 3C0907521B i also bought a aftermarket fan control module from ebay which was about £20 the part number for that was ...
  10. N

Could it be a faulty J519 UNIT?
  11. N

We have had this all tested and I don’t understand what’s going on. It randomly stopped working, so I bought another used genuine blower motor with the fan module and nothing. Connected to 12v and fan started to spin, the wiring is all good upto fuse box and climate control module. Also tried...
  12. N

When it’s all plugged in. 6 pin plug The red and white wire and the brown ground wire. Drops to 1V. If it’s not connected to the resistor module thing, I get full voltage
  13. N

I had a mess around last night again. I noticed without the resistor module plugged in, we are getting 12v from connector. As soon as everything is plugged back in together it drops down to 1V ? Does this mean that fan control module is bad even though Iv tried 2 different ones
  14. N

I believe it’s 2006 but was manufactured 2007 according to my logbook. Is there anyway of testing the fan control module? Iv tried 3 different ones lol, surely they can’t all be bad