GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mrthemike

1. Mrthemike

STOP! Check coolant!

I've been getting a "STOP! Check coolant! Owner's manual" warning sporadically for a while now. I decided to finally swap out the coolant expansion tank as I assumed it had something to do with the sensor. Swapped it out, went for a drive, and got the warning again. I have appropriate levels of...
  2. Mrthemike

RIP in peace GTI

So fucking irritated, some ass decided to not yield to me as I was going straight when the light turned green. Turned right into me. RIP in pieces. :( http://i.imgur.com/ixWEzEW.jpg
  3. Mrthemike

High mileage MKVers - how has it been?

I've had my 09 GTI since the fall of 2008. Currently I have 130,000 miles on it. It's been running OK in the past with some minor issues, but right now i've run into a potentially expensive problem ($2k+ ABS module). I am curious to hear experiences from those of you with high mileage MKV's...
  4. Mrthemike

Check out what my gas gauge started doing...

Thoughts about the cause? This was after first ignition after filling up the tank. It's been acting weird for a few days. https://youtu.be/Fs5MZWDGdo4
  5. Mrthemike

P2015 and misfire codes - 100k miles

I have a 2009 GTI with 100,900 miles. I have been getting cold start misfires for a little bit now (P0300, P0301, P0302, P0304) and now I am also seeing a P2015 (intake manifold related?) pop up. I am bring my vehicle in tomorrow to get it looked at, but I want to get your guys' opinion on what...
  6. Mrthemike

Cold start misfires / CEL

I've had a flashing/steady CEL on cold start for a while now. Usually runs fine after the engine seems to "warm up". Spark plugs replaced about 4k miles ago Ignition coils replaced today (all 4) Ran a bottle of Techron Fuel System Cleaner with my last tank of gas Showed a code of misfire in...
  7. Mrthemike

Cold start misfire / rough idle

I've had a flashing/steady CEL on cold start for a while now. Usually runs fine after the engine seems to "warm up". Spark plugs replaced about 3k miles ago Ignition coils replaced today (all 4) Ran a bottle of Techron Fuel System Cleaner with my last tank of gas Showed a code of misfire in...
  8. Mrthemike

Does this warranty cover my ignition coils?

I have a 2009 GTI and was affected by the DSG recall and received the upgraded 100k/10year warranty below. Does this cover misfires and possible replacement of ignition coils? Anyone know...
  9. Mrthemike

PRNDS Flashing - 09 GTI

Here's what happened to me today. I was driving on the highway when my PRNDS started flashing. My car started behaving as if it was stuck in a gear in DSG Manual mode. It would shift at very high RPM and shift down at very low RPM. I had to drive (slowly in the right lane) for a bit before I...
  10. Mrthemike

QTM?

What's a QTM and what do they do? I am having warranty work done to fix a busted intake flap motor (09 GTI) and they said they are having a VW QTM look over their work.
  11. Mrthemike

southeast michigan spring install

Hey guys any idea where to get my springs installed in southeast michigan?
  12. Mrthemike

Mismatched rims bad for car? Help.

Hey guys, I ran into a pothole last year so one of my winter rims is busted. Tire is fine. Aside from aesthetics is there anything that can go wrong with the vehicle if I have 1 rim different from the other 3? Size would obviously be the same as it would fit the tire... Rim, wheel, whatever.
  13. Mrthemike

MKV Die Cast 1/24

Anyone have one of these? Any good? http://www.diecastfast.com/diecast/DCF/PROD/VW/DC124-GOLF-BLK Other colors also http://www.diecastfast.com/diecast/DCF/CTGY/VW
  14. Mrthemike

Slammed into a pothole, quick question.

Ok, I slammed into a pothole with my 16inch aluminum rims. The tire itself looks fine but the rim itself is bent and cracked. Should I switch all my tires and rims back to my 18's until I get it fixed or can I just use the spare? That would leave an 18 and 3 16's. Also, Belle Tire said they...
  15. Mrthemike

Heated side mirrors vs...

Would you trade your heated side mirrors for a heated steering wheel?