GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by misaka

1. M

Focus ST or MK7 GTi probably DSG

I'll definitely admit the A3 is a much nicer car for that 3360lbs, but it in no way feels connected to the road at all. Manual WRX Seems like 28.5k in your area GLI Manual Autobahn is 23.5 lol
  2. M

New C63 AMG... 200 # lighter than a Mustang GT

Custom Garmin GPS Glued to dash look. Pure win Mercedes. Nothing says high end like that.
  3. M

Ditched the GTI

Any thought to a retrofit instead? http://www.lightwerkz.net/news/2013/05/02/huys-2013-toyota-4runner-oem-lexus-ls460-conversion-morimoto-xbaled-rings/
  4. M

Griff needs a new ride

If you're looking for reliability and given how much you drive the car, have you considered a high residual, low mileage lease? ie chose a car with strong incentives and pick the low mileage option, have a tiny payment and turn it in after 3 years or buy out if you want to. You could have fun...
  5. M

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

If you are going with this, I'd go with a Forester for 200$ more The reviewer of reliable slow cars... Consumer reports, says the XV crosstrek will have a projected Average reliability. 74/100 points. The forester with the 2.5 engine is rated much better than average for reliability. 86/100...
  6. M

Help me decide on my next car

Since you say hatch or sedan, depending on price range here are some decent options New GLI is super cheap atm. New WRX is a pretty nice car for what you are looking for and price is decent. MK7 GTI in sedan form w/ awd, pano sunroof and hids But AT MK7 Golf R in sedan form w/ pano sunroof...
  7. M

GTI K04 Replacement: 2014 Accord Sport....

Decent reliable choice. Since I'm getting 2 cars at once now, one for the wife I'm in the same safety and reliability mindset. Currently considering Mazda 3 or going for AWD with a subaru forester lol
  8. M

Malaysian airliner goes down over Ukraine

"This was a missile from Ukraine. They are responsible for KAL 007 too."
  9. M

2015 Mk7 GTI recall?

http://jalopnik.com/dealers-ordered-to-stop-selling-some-2015-volkswagen-gt-1601656839/all Guess they're working out the bugs with the new production line in mexico. At least they found it early rather than much later. I wonder if this will delay the introduction of the standard Golf mk7.
  10. M

Consumer reports loves BMW M235i...

I'm actually surprised that it scored so well among the Camry/Accord crowd of reviewers... http://jalopnik.com/consumer-reports-says-the-bmw-m235i-is-better-than-a-po-1597915268 It scored a 98/100, which was only 1 less than the Tesla Model S. I knew it was a pretty sweet car, now I can point...
  11. M

Get Behind me Satan! Damn you Audi for taunting me when I thought I was done.

Oddly it's the fact I have to get sports suspension again that is holding me back. The real difference is about 2k over 3 years of leasing. or 60$ a month... And having to wait longer for the car. Such temptation. MSRP 49975, Probably 46500 Residualized sell price... Vs 44375 and 41375 for the...
  12. M

I was originally. But I wanted more warranty :) And if I can expense 75% of a new lease to my buisness... It makes more sense to me. I've decided to stay stock, tuned GTI, and it was fun. Now I just need to get to work and back. And one of the things against an S3 is the sport suspension...
  13. M

Maybe, dealer was telling me it might be December for delivery before this came out. Also 5k is still 5k. Plus 8000$ in tire and rim repairs around here. I guess it's for the better, still drool.
  14. M

So I placed my order for an A3 about 2 weeks ago, projected delivery date in august... And today the S3 order guide comes out... 3.5 months out for delivery... and 5k more for the car. /temptations and first world problems lol.
  15. M

My lease is expiring, help me chose a new color

Ended up going with majority. Glacier White ordered! I'm sad I couldn't order the drive select and paddle shifters without the dropped sports suspension. (so no paddles or drive select for me, ride in my mk6 was stiff enough lol)