GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Minimaul

1. Minimaul

Sunny out, so I went for a cruise

too bad it wasn't warm out. 'bout 18 degrees F this weekend. Still was nice to go for a drive. put about 300 miles on the car driving around doing nothing. It was kind of zen. can't wait till spring hits
  2. Minimaul

winter mode and night shots in Alaska

I finally got around to getting some shots this weekend. bonus shots with ENRGZR: oh yeah. black is a pain in the ass to photograph. especially when you don't know what you're doing. haha. Summer mode; for reference:
  3. Minimaul

My BMP GTI...

I detailed my car this past weekend, then it rained! Oh well. I finally have the car to where I want it, and where it's going to stay for the rest of summer. For winter I have a Thule snowboard rack and 17" Karthoums with studded winter tires. Alaska winters suck. Anyway. My tiny mod list...
  4. Minimaul

Installing PSS9s this weekend and I have questions

As the topic title states, I'm (finally) installing my PSS9s - we're having a big install meet. I'll be doing my coils, a MKIV will be doing some suspension stuff, some MKIIs will be there doing maintenance stuff, a MKV rabbit will be there, plus some other cars. It's going to be a blast. BBQ...
  5. Minimaul

Alaska MKV Meet

We had a small meet this past weekend on a beautiful gray spring time day. Next time we do it, I'll (black GTI) will be lowered, the Fahrenheit will have new tails and maybe some other stuff and the weather will be nicer and the red one is chipped with APR. Hopefully we'll get some other MKVers...
  6. Minimaul

end of the year solo-shoot

I was bored yesterday so I went and snapped some pictures. If you like slammed cars and hot weather then you won't like this thread. heh. The construction site here left the gate open, tsk tsk. Good thing I didn't bring my golf clubs! It's hard to tell, but that's Mnt. McKinley in...
  7. Minimaul

Pictures from an Alaska Meet

We had a lil' euro meet not to long ago and got some good pictures. You're not going to find slammed cars here, just some enthusiasts in the cold. Everyone was in winter mode so nothing is super-mega-fancy-rad-slammed-dawg. I took these pictures and since I'm feeling rather vain there are some...
  8. Minimaul

Stock Dyno results

Stock ride FTMFL :( 2007 GTI 6MT Package2 The car did do better than I thought. I was expecting with 90 octane to get a little lower. 90oct is the highest we can get in Alaska, well, one or two places have higher but they are very far out of the way. As it turns out the ECU adapts very well...
  9. Minimaul

My GTI

I don't think I've posted many pictures of my car... Since she's not that fancy (just the way I like it!). Yes! I'm going to lower my car. That is next on my list. I don't want to do it before mid-September because I want to stay in my class for autoX. I also don't know if I want to do it...
  10. Minimaul

AK DUB v2.0

Hi, everyone! Long time lurker; chiming in to say I finally got my car---kind of. I bought the car from Washington and I live in Alaska, and I got a good deal in WA because my local dealership wasn't budging on MSRP pricing. So, I said screw that and found (thanks to the `Tex) what I wanted...
  11. Minimaul

FS: Alaska: 2003 VW GTI 1.8T

$16,500 It comes with a 60month/80K mi warranty through any Litha dealership, which covers everything that VW originally warrantied. 2003 VW GTI 1.8T Silverstone Gray 60,000+ miles. That's averages to about 15,00 miles a year. Car is in good shape and it's been a daily commute for me...
  12. Minimaul

I finally drove a MKV GTI

This is going to be long and boring because I have some time to waste. Yesterday my boss let everyone go home an hour early so I decided to go drive a GTI. After looking on line, multiple times, I saw that the dealership (only 1 in alaska) had 1 6speed manual. The dealership has two locations...