GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mikeyriot

1. M

Anybody know where tdc is on the flywheel?

Title says it. I've scoured the interweb and can't find anything on the subject.. looking for the window that shows tdc at the flywheel. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  2. M

Gti is gutless after timing belt change

Alright last question about this I hope. I believe I'm off half a tooth. Would that cause power loss? I figured it was fine since it was in the middle of the tooth instead of the line at the top of the tooth so I'm hoping that's it. Any suggestions? I was having trouble getting the belt tight on...
  3. M

Radiator fan running after car is turned off

My radiator fan is running for a few mins after I turn the car off. I just did my timing belt and water pump. Could this be due to air still being in the system? Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  4. M

Need help locating tdc on flywheel

I'm doing my timing belt and I think the cam may have skipped a tooth while removing the old belt. The crank didn't move but I want to be sure the cam was in the right position to begin with. Where is the slot to locate tdc on the flywheel on the mkv? Thanks! Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  5. M

Stuck crank pulley bolts

Any tips? I sheared the bit right off trying to break them loose. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  6. M

Clutch costs?

I just got quoted $2600 to replace my clutch and flywheel (do I even need to replace the flywheel) on my 06 gti (fsi if that matters). This is my first manual so I've never had do have it done. $2600 seems a little ridiculous, that's half what I I paid for the car almost. Anyway just looking to...
  7. M

Question about cts turbo intake

Hey guy I recently put a cts turbo intake on my gti. Is it normal for it to make a chug/ lug sound at idle? Dumb question I'm sure. I'm good with wrenching on car but this is my first after market intake. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  8. M

Can someone help me identify this noise?

Not my video but exact same sound I get on cold starts after sitting all night. https://youtu.be/Hqo9lGCzcDA Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  9. M

Changed my cam follower today

Looks like I did just in time too. I barely bumped the radiator distribution pipe and the nipple broke off in the process. Coolant EVERYWHERE. My car is at 108k, just bought it. If anyone else is installing a new cam follower at around 100k I would recommend draining your coolant and replacing...
  10. M

Question about revmatching

I bought an 06 gti about a month ago. First manual and I love it. I started practicing revmatching and I have a question. What's the difference between blipping the throttle and bringing up the rpms and holding it there as you let out the clutch? They seem to accomplish the same thing but...
  11. M

What's wrong with this picture?

What's up guys. Just bought my first vw/gti about a month ago. Let me pre-emt this by saying when I bought the car I was told it didn't come with a manual. That being said, the cluster passenger airbag light was also on when I bought it. So, I'm looking all over damn place for the passenger...