GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mikeyc

1. M

Hella H7 "Xenon-OEM-Look" Headlights

Hi All, Does anyone where I can buy a pair of these Hella headlights anywhere in Europe? http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=1707 Thanks in advance!
  2. M

HK - Ordering Waywell Unit

Have you of you ordered from Waywell a WD6050 unit to HK? Can you advise on your experience- How long was shipping? Are their any custom's issue? Is there a reseller in HK at all perhaps? Thanks in advance.
  3. M

Car Covers

Hi All! Has anyone got any of those "custom-fit" car covers for their Golf/Rabbit? (http://www.carcoversdirect.com/products/car_truck_covers/4/car_cover/custom_fit/VOLKSWAGEN/2007/GTI//184/) Can anyone say whether these are good value for money? Are they really custom-fit, or do these also...
  4. M

Headlight with LED drl idea?

I have been looking online for some time for this specific headlight, which might not yet exist- but in my opinion surely should be done. Im thinking of a regular OEM GTI MK5 like headlight, which on the bottom row where the indicator is: on one corner the indicator light while on the rest of...
  5. M

OEM Parking Sensors

I want to install parking sensors on my candy white GTI and I have a few questions. 1. Can I connect Third party products to the latest RCD310 radio to benefit from the visual parking display feature? Or it would only work with OEM ones. 2. Has anyone installed OEM sensors, after the bought...
  6. M

Installing Steering Wheel Controls

Ok, this might be asking too much... but, is it possible to install the steering wheel controls on a car that does not have them? My local (Israel) importer does not give the steering wheel controls option, and so I was unsuccessfully searching the forum on whether it is even possible to buy the...
  7. M

Previous Alfa Romeo Owners?

With all respect to the other sections of this great forum, i figured the most chances of finding any previous Alfa owners would be on this european section. I was wondering if any of you current Mk5 GTI owners were alfa romeo 147/156/GT owners before making the change to the german 2 litre...
  8. M

Sounds Like a Diesel?

So I finally got my lovely 5dr, manual, candy white GTI yesterday. [will take pictures when its stops raining] Everything is perfect- driving this car is f)(*ing addictive!!!:thumbup: Only thing im curious about, do your manual GTIs start up (turn on) making the sound a diesel? When i turn the...
  9. M

Aftermarket USB port adaptor?

This question is for a friend with a 2006 A3. The GTI and many other new cars nowadays come with the USB port, but my question is- does a type of adaptor and converter exists for regular steroes? In other words, does anyone know if there exists such an adaptor (and i guess converter) that...
  10. M

Black Magic or Candy White

Going to get my own GTI now... and a very hard decision to make: Its going to be a 5 door, but should it be black or white????? It can only either of those colors. What do you guys say?
  11. M

Manual Gear / Cruise Control

Hello! Looking into a new manual geared 2007 GTI now. My dealer tells me I cant have the cruise control option with the manual gearbox. I dont see why. Is he correct??
  12. M

USB Port Under Center Arm Rest

Finally got the 2007 DSG. I noticed that in the compartment under the center arm rest there is a usb port. Do any of yo uknow what that is for? Ipod?
  13. M

Car phone leads

Does anyone know if the MKV GTI comes with leads somewhere behind the center console in order to install a carphone or car kit? Some new cars come with the cables hanging out at the bottom next to the passenger foot rest. Any ideas about this golf?
  14. M

European Market Bluetooth Option

I need a clarification. Currently ordered my MK5 GTI. Today the dealer called me and asked if i wanted the "original" bluetooth car kit option. So, i need to ask you guys, does the european market have the orginal bluetooth feature yet?? And, if yes, does that mean that it will have the...