GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by lightningjack

1. lightningjack

Vagcom Hex-can needed

Hi Guys, Drove to RI for work this morning in my wife's Q5. CEL came on. Car's running fine, it came on once before and I cleared it with a USB Vag cable, but I think I need the hex can to actually read the code. Anyone around the Providence/Warwick area that can help this afternoon? I will...
  2. lightningjack

2011 BMW 328i XDrive

4 door black BMW, fully loaded two tone saddle brown interior. BMW i-Drive, nav and HDD for storage. Heated steering wheel Premium pkg Value pkg Auto, 35,xxx miles Price is OBO, so if anyone is interested send an offer. Car is under factory warranty still. Link to pics on cars.com...
  3. lightningjack

Small part out from 2009 GTI

All prices are OBO. Shipped at buyers expense. Monster Mats. Still in great shape. $50 - SOLD Stock light switch $10 Genuine VW/Audi low beam Xenon Bulb. $100. still in original box. Pioneer X1500DVD with pac steering wheel interface connected. USB cable for Ipod. Kit to fit in GTI...
  4. lightningjack

FS - 2009 MKV GTI 2 Door APR stage1

2009, DSG, APR stage1 Sunroof, heated seats 72,xxx miles I did all maintenance myself, with only genuine VW/Audi parts. Some work was done by dealer for recalls. DSG temp sensor, Intake Manifold, etc...I have all service records and receipts for maintenance. Brand new Michelin pilot sport A/S...
  5. lightningjack

Code 01314

Did a scan for another issue and pulled 01314. On occasion I get an ABS and brake light on the dash, it's rare and usually if I take a hard turn or get a jolt to the right wheel. I assume it's just a loose connection. I checked and didn't see anything loose. Anyone had this code before...
  6. lightningjack

Steering wheel click

When turning the wheel slightly right or left I get a clicking in the underside of the car. It's extremely bad in the cold weather, but diminishes when the car warms. The warmer weather today was enough to keep it toned down. Got under the car and it sounds to be coming from a box behind the...
  7. lightningjack

Feeler : FS 2009 BMP GTI

Having my first child at the end of July and thinking it's time for a 4 door. Thinking about selling mine, looking to see if there is interest. 2009, DSG, APR stage1 Sunroof, heated seats 72,xxx miles I did all maintenance myself, with only genuine VW/Audi parts. Some work was done by dealer...
  8. lightningjack

2008 VW GTI 6spd BMP

Text from a friend of mine looking to sell his wife's GTI. Pics available upon request, but car is in great shape. She's loved that car, the way most of here love our cars. I am the original owner of the vehicle which was leased on 2/21/2008. At the end of the 36 month lease, I bought the...
  9. lightningjack

Alzor Wheels

I was looking into getting my wheels refinished. 18" stock huff's. Lots of curb rash. Got a quote for about $400 for all 4. I'm out the car for about 2 days, but I'm thinking about putting snows on anyway. I noticed ECS has a set of 4 Alzor wheels, which is their version of the huff for...
  10. lightningjack

TPMS on winter setup

Never had snows before, but thinking it might time to get some. Moved further north and closer to the snow line. TPMS for the winter setup would add an extra $225. Anyone run a winter setup without them and if so, I'm assuming there is a way to turn off sensors via VAGCOM? Thanks.
  11. lightningjack

GTI to be made in Mexico?

I really hoped they would keep manufacturing the car in Germany. http://www.cnbc.com/id/100601124/page/6
  12. lightningjack

Paint or pinstripe...hear me out please

Some asshat opened their door into mine. Brought it into the shop, when they were putting the interior door panel back on, they used the wrong screw barely noticeable. Shop said he'd fix it, but didn't want to repaint, over a repaint. Worried about the quality. He's a legit guy. Family...
  13. lightningjack

Going back to school

There seem to be a good number of people on the forum working and going to school. I just enrolled to finish my degree and wanted some input. I originally registered for 12 credits. 12 credits cost the same as 16 so I threw in another 4 to get my money's worth. I'm in for a full 16 now...
  14. lightningjack

Interesting Article

Just thought others might be interested in reading this; http://www.cnbc.com/id/100449231
  15. lightningjack

Need help with fault code U0429

09 TSI with 52,xxx on it. Driving back from Raleigh NC to NYC today. Made it to within a few miles from home and I start getting what feel like misfires. 3 of the 4 coil packs were changed within the last 2 months and are the latest revision. Scanned the car when I got home and got this. I...