GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by larcic

1. L

Brand New A/C compressor...

got my a/c compressor replaced for real cheap including parts by a "highly recommended" mechanic in my area. compressor is now making loud grinding noises. a certified a/c shop confirmed its the compressor using a stethoscope(I had already done this and knew it was the a/c). my a/c is still...
  2. L

will these fit mk5 2008?

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Eibach...-GTI-2.0T.html hi, these are mk6 and they have a different part number for mk5. these are available slightly used local to me for a really good price. I thought all mk6 suspension fits mk5 but now I'm not sure
  3. L

034 subframe bushings

not the inserts. the high durometer rubber bushings that replace the oem ones. does anyone else have these? I have some questions for people that do.
  4. L

p0037

HO2S Circuit Low. I know this means there is an issue with the heater circuit for the O2 Sensor. and I know its the rear O2 sensor. I've checked fuses 11,12,15 and done a visual inspection of the wire harness and found no issues. Is there anything else I should do before replacing the sensor...
  5. L

oem hpfp used

pros: works 100% no issues cons: 100k miles, fuel sensor plastic is slightly cracked but still works reason to sell: replaced my pump with an APR HPFP price: 90$ obo + shipping this is a great buy for someone who is having hpfp issues. cheap working replacement.
  6. L

WTB APR or IE hpfp

Hi all, I'm looking for an apr or ie hpfp. let me know miles and price.
  7. L

boost gauge issues...

So I have any issue with the newsouth gauge sticking at 10psi. somedays it works perfect other days it gets stuck. it is a very accurate gauge other than this problem. I called newsouth and they immediately said something must have gotten in the gauge and to send it in for warranty replacement...
  8. L

Will this set up work?

after doing some research I want to make a custom catch can set up. I'm looking to pick up this http://store.blackforestindustries.com/bficlcaoilse.html and this http://www.performancebyie.com/black-8an-o-ring-boss-plug I want to plug the catch can return port on the block off plate in order to...
  9. L

Just the beginning

Hi Guys, I bought an MK5 GTI(fsi) with 88,000 miles and a neuspeed p-flo intake back in February. Boy at first it was not fun at all. fifth and sixth gear synchros went out within a few weeks of owning the car. luckily I found someone that gave me a steal on a used transmission with 70,000 miles...
  10. L

Newsouth Boost Gauge DIY

1. install boost tap. I used 034 motorsports. all i had to do was unplug the pcv accordion hose from the manifold insert the boost tap and plug the hose back in. 2. remove the under dash panel so that you can see the path that the wires take through the firewall 3. tape boost hose (included in...
  11. L

Faint whistle.

Hi. I'm getting a little paranoid about a slight whistle that i can hear in the car. it is hard to capture on video (not very audible). it is louder in the car than on video. the whistle is most audible throughout second gear and can be heard in 4th gear at high rpm, and in 5th gear and 6th gear...
  12. L

Shift Linkage Question

Hello, I think I'm having some sort of linkage issue. when I shift all the gears go in easily and smooth but sometimes I feel a weird bump through the shift knob, there no sound or anything and its not harsh. anyways I opened the hood and started looking at the linkages and I noticed that the...
  13. L

Engine not warming up all the way

hey all, i bought an 08 vw gti about a week ago and the engine was warming up to 190 degrees as normal and there was no cel. in the last couple days the cel came on and I noticed the car is only getting up to 160-165 degrees and wont go any higher. this is leading me to believe that the issue is...
  14. L

HID igniter issue/help

Hi guys, I just bought a vw gti 2008 knowing that one of the low beams was out. I tried to replace the bulb myself, tested it outside of the headlamp and it turned on. so I went on to putting it in the lamp. after some jiggling I got all the parts in properly but now the light wont come on. I...