GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Kwiksilver07

1. Kwiksilver07

DM E85 tune

Pardon my ignorance when it comes to E85. Like many here I have been looking at what DM tuning has to offer. I see they offer an E85 tune and was wondering what it takes to run it. The website says something about splitting fuel 50/50 with normal pump gas. Does this mean when you fill up you're...
  2. Kwiksilver07

Winter Storage

Hey guys, Since my GTI went lower on coils Ive decided that I am not going to be winter driving it here in WI. Not only will it be a PITA to move about in the snow, but the damn thing is so stiff its like riding a horse. So this winter I picked up a well maintained 98 328i for winter driving...
  3. Kwiksilver07

coilovers groaning/moaning/creaking

I have nearly 2k on my FK Silverlines . Recently I noticed an soft moaning/creaking sound coming from my coils. So yesterday I gave her the old shake test and found that I have a distinct creaking/moaning sound coming from both my front and rear coils. I'm thinking it is the strut itself. I...
  4. Kwiksilver07

Poor experience with OSIR

First off I am not too sure of their relevance to our community anymore. Im not sure if guys are actually ordering stuff from them or not, but I have had nothing but a crappy time with them. On 5/30 I ordered one of their V3 black shift knobs. The site said out of stock, and make to order. I...
  5. Kwiksilver07

Possible to remove strut mounts/bearings without pulling coilover?

As goofy as it sounds is it possible? I have come to the conclusion that my binding spring issue is due to shot bearings, the spring/coil top isn't moving freely on the bearings causing my springs to pop at low speed full lock turns. I ask this question cuz my FK Silverlines where a complete...
  6. Kwiksilver07

Coilover gurus your advice

Tomorrow I will be installing my recently purchased Fk Silverlines. My question is for those of you guys that use these for basic auto X and don't care for the super Moar Low look, what height are you running at. I personally don't care for oil pan busting height. I would prefer not to rub but...
  7. Kwiksilver07

F30 BMW 328i - 2.0T

Hey has anyone had the chance to drive the newer BMW 328i or xdrive in the 2.0T variant? My buddy currently has one on loan while his M3 is having some warranty work. Of course we got talking about it and its potential, and from what I see it makes a great potential sleeper. For those of you...
  8. Kwiksilver07

LED interior lightbulbs

Hey guys, Does anyone have a list of all the necessary bulb models to replace the interior lights (i assume the map lights arent the same as the footwell or dome). I dont wanna drop $100 on ecs' kit when I hear it can be done for much less. I don't know shite about LEDs so if someone could...
  9. Kwiksilver07

Low Oil Light: Yet full of oil

Hey guys, came out to my car today from work and upon start up my car beeped the Low Oil Turn Car Off Immediately. I turned the car off and gave it a sec then turned it back on and it ran like a gem. It initially took a second or two longer to start up then normal. I have never had this issue...
  10. Kwiksilver07

WTB: MKV GTI - R32 Style exhaust

Hey guys, got in a minor fender bender yesterday and the scratches on the bumper are driving me nuts. I'm looking to do a R32 rear bumper and exhaust conversion. Looking to pick up the cat back portion. Nuespeed, ghl, eurojet, Miller, any are welcome.
  11. Kwiksilver07

2014 GTD to US?

Looks like there is the possibility of the GTD coming to the US. What are your thoughts of it? How will it affect GTI sales? Who would trade out their GTI for the increased MPG? Ding, Ding, Discuss! http://m.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1211_2014_volkswagen_gtd/
  12. Kwiksilver07

Ink Master

Who watches this show? It's awesome.
  13. Kwiksilver07

6 Speed Transmission Clunk and Clatter

Ok, I'm not sure if I am being paranoid or not. Recently I have noticed louder clicks and clunks while shifting and letting off the gas. Being over cautious as many of us seem to be I changed out my trans fluid. I first went with Motul. That fluid lasted about a week. As the temps began to fall...
  14. Kwiksilver07

2015 Golf R

I know that it's preemptive but the rumors about the upcoming Golf R sounds good. Rumor has it, it will be more on par with Evos and STIs. http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2015-volkswagen-golf-r-spy-photos-news?redirect=no
  15. Kwiksilver07

Manual Transmission Fluid Change

This is a DIY for a 07 6MT oil change. Mechanical Skill Needed (1-10 skill rating/ 10 being the equivalent to motor building skill/ actual VAG mechanic) -2 Tools Needed -Ramps/Jack/Stands (depending on how low you are. OEM 4x4 guys may not need them) -Socket wrench -10mm Allen socket...