GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by kristen_1819

1. kristen_1819

engine code p1093 help me troubleshoot

Did this ever get solved? Mine is throwing these codes now?
  2. kristen_1819

08 gti value?

I've seen them go higher. No used car now is under 2k
  3. kristen_1819

Whats happening to my car?

Mk5 GTI stage 1 (08) FSI engine...only does this at cold start. Some people mentioned PCV valve but I just did that less than a year ago. https://packaged-media.redd.it/ghjq3q5uoyvb1/pb/m2-res_1280p.mp4?m=DASHPlaylist.mpd&v=1&e=1698102000&s=e716b1621427eb366c664c1df818d71b2c9f8dcd#t=0 Thoughts?
  4. kristen_1819

What would cause a car to rev high when starting and immediately fall down?

Video example here My mk5 gti (stage 1 APPR) did this two times yesterday upon startup. The second time the battery light came on. Just put a new battery in it less than 6 months ago, but my mechanic did instal defoulers bc my O2sensors kept going out. Could it be the alternator or maybe a...
  5. kristen_1819

Power loss when driving- won’t go above 20mph

08 mk5 GTI- I got the O2 sensor code coming up, fuel measuring system malfunction (bank 1) O2 sensor positive current control etc. here are the codes 04243 08598 08759 08825 It's a stage 1 APR tuned and is at 111k miles Please help! Thank you so much!
  6. kristen_1819

Changed the upstream O2 sensor (mechanic thinks it’s the downstream now) but the other 4 codes popped up

Turned out it was the DV! After the tune it must've gone out. Car runs perfect now!
  7. kristen_1819

Changed the upstream O2 sensor (mechanic thinks it’s the downstream now) but the other 4 codes popped up

Thanks, I will ask. Having the mechanic check the N75 and DV as well. He owns 4 gtis so I trust him completely.
  8. kristen_1819

This helps! Would the smoke test from last time show this? The same code is pooping up so I can assume its the dipstick holder? But its such a small area to set off that code...we are checking the wastegate and the n75 sensor as well
  9. kristen_1819

Last time he did a smoke test and said it was <1 psi of air that was coming from the dipstick which needs to be replaced (the suction is gone). Could that possibly be it? Can you explain what you mean by "They are all Lambda based which is reported by the B1S1 O2 sensor that was replaced?" A few...
  10. kristen_1819

Any idea why these last 4 faults are showing up? Mechanic is booked up and very far and I'm not sure how urgent this is
  11. kristen_1819

Somethings up with my O2 sensor

Turbo underboost is a shadow code for the O2 sensor (from my mechanic) but that was just done in January- brand new. Any ideas what this could be/ why it’s happening. He asked me about my CAT which has never been replaced. The last time this CEL came on was almost 3 weeks ago, I cleared it and...
  12. kristen_1819

How S.O.L am I if I cant find any record of a DSG service?

08 MK5 GTI. I've had it for a couple years but JUST found out now that it needs and DSG service every 60k or so. It's at 104k and I cant find any service records from the previous owner and I've never done it. I dont drive hard at all, just took it to stage 1 about a month ago and I'd say i...
  13. kristen_1819

Started the car (mk5 GTI fsi) this came up....

I guess you will find out soon enough, some of those Dtc need two drive cycles before they turn the Mil on. Welp, it just came back on (08825- Intake Air System). Its the only code. Mechanic thinks it may be intake manifold, vacuume seal or boost leak :(
  14. kristen_1819

Started the car (mk5 GTI fsi) this came up....

A CEL came on yesterday, 2nd start of the day. I cleared the codes this morning and nothing as come on yet...