GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by kishmack92

1. K

Yakima Whisbar Roof Rack w/ 2 Rocky Mounts Euro Pitchforks

Selling my Whisbar roof rack because I'm selling my car. I've owned it for about a year. Whisbar logos are worn off. Functions perfectly, nothing broken. I have all keys and locks. Doesn't kill gas mileage. Doesn't make a whole lot of noise, a slight whistle at highway speeds. **I have 2...
  2. K

FS: TSW Bathurst Rotary Forged 18x8 ET43 Wheels w/tires

EDIT: These are 18x8.5 not 18x8 Selling my set of TSW Bathurst wheels. I love these wheels but I may be selling my car so I'm starting to part it out. Wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position summer tires, size 225/40/18. Tires grip really well, solved my wheel hop issue. Around...
  3. K

FS: Euro Jet Catback Exhaust

Offering my Euro Jet catback for sale. Off of an 07 GTI FSI, I think it fits TSI as well. Need the money for bills. Has less than 5k miles. Bought it brand new. It's very clean, comes with the j pipe to mate up to stock down pipe. Surprisingly quiet with stock down pipe. Sounds great WOT...
  4. K

Feeler: Loaded 2007 BMP GTI DSG 4dr 76k miles

I really don't want to get rid of this car. It's my dream car. But I'm young and broke so I'm looking at buying something cheaper with no payment. I have a lien on the car. It's a 2007 VW GTI black magic pearl 4 door with 76k miles (daily driver so miles will go up). DSG transmission...
  5. K

2016 Mini Cooper S is pretty quick!

My brother was test driving the new Mini Cooper S today and we did a few runs together. Mini Cooper has a 2.0 turbo charged 4 cylinder engine, manual trans and puts out an advertised 189 hp 207 ft/lb torque. My 2007 FSI GTi is stage 1 APR, Neuspeed P-flo, EuroJet catback, Neuspeed sport...
  6. K

FS Stock Catback and Engine Cover

Selling stock Catback exhaust and engine cover off of a 2007 GTI FSI with 52k miles. Both are in great shape, the engine cover has a broken mount but it still mounts on the engine. Engine cover $100 OBO Catback $150 OBO Prefer local pickup but I may be able to ship if buyer pays. Catback...
  7. K

FS (4) NEW Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position Tires

Located in SE Michigan. Selling a virtually new set of Bridgestone S04 summer performance tires. 225/40/18. Less than 800 miles on them. 10/32's of tread left. Bought them new from Belle Tire for $625 for just the tires on 4/25/15. The wheels I had weren't working out and the ride was...
  8. K

Rubbing with new wheels

Just installed tires on some OZ Ultraleggera's I bought off Craigslist. Wheel size is 18x8 ET35 and tires are Bridgestone S04's 225/40/18. I'm lowered on Neuspeed sport springs and Koni FSD shocks. The fitment is pretty good. Pokes just a hair more than I'd like. No rubbing when I drive by...
  9. K

how often do u replace the cam follower ?

Everybody's car is different in severity of the wear. For comparison this is a photo of mine when I had my camshaft replaced. This is after 52k miles. I could visibly see wear on the camshaft lobe. Like I said, every case is different. I will never let it go 50k. I would rather spend $50...
  10. K

how often do u replace the cam follower ?

I had my camshaft and cam follower replaced under warranty at ~53k. I just changed my oil at ~58k and this is what mine looks like. Quite a bit of wear for only ~5k miles. I will be changing mine every 10k. It's really such an easy thing to check/replace I view it as a preventative...
  11. K

What color primer does VW use?

I did some paint correction on my BMP 07 GTI a few months ago. I used Meguiars M105 and M205. It turned out great but all of the rock chips came out white. At first I thought the compound dried in the chips. I tried using an IPA solution, quick detailer, mineral spirits and an all purpose...
  12. K

I'm concerned about my DSG...

I have a 2007 FSI GTi with the DSG transmission. I love it but I'm concerned about the transmission. My car has 52,500 miles on it and I bought it a few weeks ago. The car has been serviced pretty good so far but I don't see the 40,000 DSG service in my records. I just had the camshaft...
  13. K

Reinstalled DV now car chokes!

2007 GTi FSI 2.0T Hey guys, I just took my DV off to check and see if it was the newer REV D one, which it is. I put it back on and tightened it down pretty evenly all around. I took my car for a spin, right away when it started up it was making a funny noise. Then as I started driving it...
  14. K

My suspension setup! And a stripped wheel lock.

So I bought my GTi a few weeks ago and I figured it had been lowered a little bit. I decided to go check out what I had today and I'm quite surprised. I have Koni FSD shocks/struts and Neuspeed Sport springs. This is pretty awesome because this was basically the setup I was going to run on...
  15. K

Smoked my tail lights. Looks gorgeous!

Just finished smoking my tail lights using VHT Nite Shades and Dupli Color Perfect Match Clear. It was a time consuming process but well worth it! This was my first time and they came out better than I ever could've imagined. I really like doing this kinda stuff. Here's some pics. I'll post...