GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by kingkhan

1. K

Pls help -need 2006 GTI Owners Manual

I wouldn't over think it. Just use any oil that has the VW 502 spec. you should also have a sticker under the hood that points out which oil to use.
  2. K

Reversed Rear Window switch

Well I finally solved my issue. I was able to get another window motor from a part out and that fixed the direction of the window switch. It looks like these cars are really picky about part number revisions. The Skoda part I installed was revision J whereas my part was revision K. I assumed...
  3. K

RCD 330 and Flip Badge RVC install-- incl. rear seat, rear wiper, trim, radio removals and fuse tap

This is awesome. I've been considering the same thing with my car and will definitely check out the video.
  4. K

2008 GTI won't start, engine doesn't try to crank

Does the MFD show safe in the bottom right corner when you turn on the ignition? It sounds to me like the car is not recognizing the key anymore for whatever reason and is tripping the immobilizer.
  5. K

Rear Wiper Does Not Work (2007 BPY)

Sent you a PM, I have an extra wiper motor that I'm not using.
  6. K

Well I'm stumped on this issue. I ordered a replacement window motor from Europe off of a Skoda (part number is the same). There is the door control module that comes attached to the window motor. I swapped the whole assembly to the one I ordered and the window is still reversed. This rules...
  7. K

Whining/Grinding Noise When Going 80km/h+

It sounds like a bad wheel bearing. You can figure out what side it is coming from by loading up each side. If the noise comes back when turning left, then the bad bearing is on the right side of the car. if the sound comes back when turning right, then it is on the left side of the car. In my...
  8. K

Nope, I'm planning on getting a replacement window module from the junk yard when things start to return to normal. I couldn't see anything with my OBD11 that was wrong. I suspect it's an issue with the module's Firmware that only the dealer will be able to fix.
  9. K

Highest mileage on a FSI?

Thanks, I do use an OBD11 that I have from when I purchased my MK7 a few years ago.
  10. K

Highest mileage on a FSI?

I got my 08 last year, but am currently at 300K KM ~ 180K miles. As far as I can tell, it still has the original drivetrain including the clutch and turbo which are still going strong. The car was mostly driven on the highway, but it was neglected when I got it. I got the following work done...
  11. K

Headlight upgrade question

Not sure if you are still following the thread, but I got around to installing the new bulbs yesterday. The weather was finally warm enough to function outside here. The bulbs are brighter and whiter than the ones I replaced. I've added a couple pictures of the output, and for the price, I'd...
  12. K

I saw the review here and they claim that the actual colour temp is 5000k. I haven't heard of the brand before either, but for the price I'm willing to give them a shot.
  13. K

I ended up buying these: https://www.powerbulbs.com/ca/product/gt-ultra-xenon-d2s-single I hope to get them and install them later this week. The reviews look ok, and the colour temp on the lights seem to be around 5000k
  14. K

Probably a long shot, but what was the resolution? I have a 2008 GTI that has the same problem. The rear right window works in reverse on both the driver switch and the door switch. This definitely seems like a software issue vs hardware. I looked into the rear right door module with OBD11...
  15. K

Specialty Tool Rental?

Hi, I'm looking into doing the cam follower and replacing the timing chain on my GTI. I found that I would need a few specialty tools to complete this job. Does anyone know where I can potentially rent out these tools for a weekend to get the job done? I don't really want to spend the ~$160 on...