GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by IrCsabi

1. I

A/C compressor info

Hi guys, there is a leak on my Sanden pxe16 compressor seal, does anyone know if this seal can be replaced or do I need to get a new compressor? :(
  2. I

Coolant leak

Hi guys, there is a coolant leak on the side of the engine just above the gearbox, could someone please tell me what needs to be replaced? pipe was replaced already, but that didn't solve the problem, that plastic part must be cracked... thank you
  3. I

Please advise

Hi guys, I need your help/advice on what I should do I have a 2005 Golf Gti, when the engine gets hot it makes some strange steel scratching/clicking noise which I belive is not normal, I can only hear this noise when the engine is idling and it does not do it when it's cold I have a video...
  4. I

Autodata question

Hi guys, I was looking for thermostat installation/removal instructions in autodata for Vw Golf Gti and I can't seem to find it Am I just blind or is it not there? :D Thanks
  5. I

Lowering springs

Hi guys, I'm thinking about getting a set of koni lowering springs, but I decided I'll ask you to see what you think :) It's a Golf Gti mk5 on 17" wheels how low can I go? what brands would you suggest? any photos of cars lowered :) thanks
  6. I

Spark plugs

What spark plugs do we/should we use? :) Is it any good to use these kinda plugs:
  7. I

Paint scratch help

Hi guys, any ideas of fixing this? any diy? :)
  8. I

Air conditioning maintanace

Hi guys, does anybody know of any diy maintanence/service/cleaning for the golf gti mk5 air conditioning? Also the headlighs are getting old ( see pictures ), any idea of making them look nice again? :) Thanks
  9. I

Service Manual?

Does anyone have a service manual for a 2005 Gti? :) thanks :)
  10. I

Airbag Fault

Hi guys, i have a 3 door 05 Gti, a few weeks ago i had to move the passanger seat cos i was cleaning the car and when i drove the car after that, the airbag fault message came up, i went to my mechaninc and we erased the code, but a few days later the message came up again... is the sensor...
  11. I

Aftermarket Radio install

Hi guys, I got my OEM radio removed, because i couldnt connect my subwoofer to it, and i installed my old radio, i bought all the adapters off ebay, but now the radio/cd player ( the actual unit ) is on constantly, i saw somewhere that i should connect the radio to the cigar lighters wire so it...
  12. I

Seat cover/protector

Hi guys, has anyone come across any good seat covers/protectors :) I dont like any of I found on ebay...
  13. I

Aftermarket cd player question

Hi guys, I installed my old cd player the other day, but i think it is on all the time now, i tried switching the pink and yellow wires around, but it is on all the time even with the key not even in the ignition when I don't want to use the radio I just remove the front display of it, but...
  14. I

Does this engine sound right?!?

Hi guys, could anyone tell me if the engine should sound like that? if there's something wrong, what can it be, no error messages are coming up... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9fO63z3egE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yZePSmzduE
  15. I

Front wiper question

Hi guys, i realised a funny thing on my Golf Gti, sometimes after driving when i turn off the engine, the front wipers move, if they move up or down i don't know because i can't see it, and it happens only every now and then.... is this normal, is there a stand by positions for the wipers, and...