GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IanCH's latest activity

• IanCH
    IanCH replied to the thread PC Building.
    Yeah go b550, I went from pci3 to pci 4 on a Samsung 980 pro and didn't see any functional differences
  • IanCH
    Do you do a lot of data transfer intensive tasks? Probably don't even need x570 if you don't. Overall the new strategy seems solid and...
  • IanCH
    IanCH replied to the thread What did you do to your mk7 today?.
    What didnt you like about the APR dsg tune? there are a number of options you can configure about it. I have always hated my stock DSG...
  • IanCH
    In this case it's filling the void where the fuel line is with expanding foam. If you've worked with expanding foam in a closed cavity...
  • IanCH
    In most cases, a warranty visit. All the dealers know of this, its super common.
  • IanCH
    So this ram is Hynix IC's based on my google-fu - meaning you're unlikely to get any amazing clocks and timings out of it. For fun, I...
  • IanCH
    So, just a quick primer here because there is a lot of depth. (specific to AMD ryzen here) XMP is not a good feature to enable, it is...
  • IanCH
    So, as far as troubleshooting this issue, you're likely going to hit a dead end resulting from the inability to swap out parts (old...
  • IanCH
    Do you have a crappy video card you can test with? To eliminate the onboard graphics as the cause, your best bet would be to disable the...
  • IanCH
    Disable xmp first. Just to eliminate that as a potential source. You need to monitor your cpu temps and make sure you aren't having...
  • IanCH
    Hard to tell but if you're just getting hard reboots and it's not an oc problem then it's usually power related.
  • IanCH
    Power supply is the next culprit. Usually I would just swap in a new one and try it, but you could check your voltages in HWinfo Then...
    • 1633949681195.png
  • IanCH
    Well, a 3090 or 6900xt is 2k, if it has bonkers cooling. Almost nobody needs those cards just yet. A 6800xt is like a top of the line...
  • IanCH
    They are making queues, but the prices are still pretty high. At micro center here in Boston, to buy a high end card, you have to show...
  • IanCH
    IanCH replied to the thread MK7 Confessions.
    Good luck with the recovery - remember: core strength, core strength, core strength and you'll be A-ok