GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by i-Zapp

1. I

Ebay DP again, part II

the previous thread was at 500+ posts, and five years old (http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102285) so i thought i'd freshen up the topic since i'm sure lots of companies, eBay or not, have come and gone and I'm in dire need of an exhaust downpipe fix! so here goes... stock...
  2. I

not topic reply notifications

not sure why, but I don't get ANY emails from this site. any ideas? can someone just reply to my post so i can continue to troubleshoot? (i am actually on the phone with my email provider as we speak, about spam filters, etc!)
  3. I

unusual "diesel-like" sound on startup

on my new-to-me 2L turbo GTI (120k miles) whenever i start the car it makes an usual sound during the instant that it starts that i can only describe as sounding like a diesel. not a knocking or rattle, but just the odd combustion sound a diesel makes. in fact, i thought it was odd but was...
  4. I

rusted hood fixed under warranty!

Bought an '08 last year that was pretty clean except for a hood that had some serious rust along the front edge. got a good deal and figured i'd fix it at some point down the road... fast forward to about a month ago, did some searching on this forum and found some threads talking about the "12...